Community post

Question

IBS Symptoms have disappeared. Could it be pregnancy?

Sorry about the TMI question but for the past 7 months I've been having terrible IBS symptoms. Gas, bloating, diarrhea. I'm 7 dpo and since about 4 dpo my stools have been normal, bordering on constipation. Has anybody else gotten pregnant with IBS and had their symptoms disappear?

User Image

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I used to have awful IBS and had no idea for a long time what was wrong with me. I changed my diet a small amount though and my symptoms went away really quickly (not down to pregnancy). I also read that pregnancy can increase signs of IBS. However, everyone is different and IBS reacts differently in each person so I certainly wouldn't count you out - in fact constipation can be a sign of early pregnancy. I suggest you keep an eye out for the next few days and take a test day before af is due to show.

Not much help but keeping my fingers crossed for you! x

User Image

11 years ago

Yeah I believe my IBS is caused more by stress and I've made small changes to my diet to no avail. Lately though I haven't been eating any differently so that's why I'm so baffled that it would clear up. Even if I'm not it's a welcome relief. Thanks for the info and support!

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo