Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

421 - 430 of 479 Replies | Last Page

We have been for fertility tests and everything came back normal theres no reason its not happening. Ive had 4 CP's over the last year

10 years ago

maybe this is it!!!!!

User Image

10 years ago

I really hope so

10 years ago

Thanks, Kraken & Dobbs6. Kraken, I hope this time works out better for you. Keep us posted if you can.

Ladies, is it hard/stressful to track your temp each day? For those that have done it, did you find it helpful, or just something that added to your worries? My dh and I are debating whether to do it or not. I'm 40, but he's going to turn 52 in October, and we just feel the passage of time.

Also, are the ovulation predictor kits worth it? As I said, all we do now is just track my cycle. But if one or both of these things would help, we'd be willing to try.

User Image

10 years ago

Hi Rebecca, i will be 42 in December and this time last year i was in a similar position. I am now a proud mother to Holly 15, Harrison 12 and beautiful Honey-Rose 14 weeks. We tried for nearly a year to conceive and for the last few cycles i charted my temp, used opk's, a fertility monitor and even lay with my legs in the air after bding!!! It worked...try anything. I didnt realise before doing all this that i dont ovulate until day 21ish of my cycle. I am blessed to have Honey-Rose at my age but i just wanted to give you some hope. It can happen. Good Luck xx

User Image

10 years ago

....Rebecca, i just read your previous posts. Im so sorry for your losses. I can only imagine what you and DH have been through (((hugs))) x

User Image

10 years ago

Thanks, number3pls! I think we will try something different. Not sure which yet. I appreciate the encouragement. I have a tendency to listen too much to people who only have negative things to say. I need to stop that, and just focus on doing what I can and being positive.

User Image

10 years ago

Rebecca, I do understand how hard ttc is, especially emotionally but you must stay positive and enjoy the 'special times' with DH. The month I found out I was pregnant I had been really relaxed and just enjoyed the process. Like I said, do your chart, temps and opk's so you know your timing is perfect but more than anything, have a laugh and relax. We can only help nature so much, the rest is not up to us. Having said that, being an older mum is the best thing I've ever done and I really do wish you every sucess as I do all the ladies on here xx

User Image

10 years ago

Rebecca, in order to pinpoint ovulation and get the right timing, I would do both, temps and Opks. Temping will tell when you ovulated but after the fact and Opks will tell you when it's time to get busy.

Good luck !

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

10 years ago

Well it seems it was just AF taking the mick. Blood clots and really bad pains not happy at all :-(

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo