Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

371 - 380 of 479 Replies | Last Page

Well just got the call back from my ob's nurse, and apparently my FSH is 17.1 which is considered high and very unlikely that i will be able to get pregnant again...so from here it is in God's hands and we have been blessed and I will be thankful for what we do have...if it's meant to be it will be, if not at least we know a bit more than we did before

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

10 years ago

Sorry to hear that Angel. My FSH was 14 and some change the last time they tested and my RE did not give me the impression that it was too bad. I've heard of women getting pregnant which much higher levels. Also FSH can go up and down, so another month it may be lower.

Did they test your AMH? Mine is .16. Even wtih both of these figures, I have been pregnant twice in less than a year and think I may be pregnant this cycle...fxd! So that will be 3xs in a year.

Hang in there!

User Image

10 years ago

Got the results of the chromosome testing today. Our sweet little baby was a girl. And she had trisomy 9, which is rare, random, always fatal and not related to maternal age (85% of cases occur in women under 35).

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Essemkay,

I just read the news about the baby. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your little girl. Sending hugs and prayers to you.

User Image

10 years ago

Oh, essemkay, that is tragic :(
I am so sad about your loss.

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

10 years ago

Hi, My name is Melissa, I am 41 yrs old. Just had my tubes untied on June 7, 2013 my DD is 17 and hubby just wanted to try and see what happens. I ovulated on 7-24-13 and i really think I can feel the egg travel down my tube(I KNOW THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE) lol
I am now 7dpo and the headaches are unbelieveable. How long do you think I should wait to test. My luteal phase is normally 13-14 days

10 years ago

camaro2girl, I'd wait until 12dpo at least. Good luck!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Good luck Camaro! I'd hold off if you can. I waste a lot of money and stress myself out by testing early. I hope I can do it this time.

FF says of 3DPO. It must be wrong. I haven't had a positive OPK yet. I'm sure it was the cocktails I had while on vacation! I just got back yesterday. I hope the relaxation primes me for baby making this week!

User Image

10 years ago

Holly, alcohol can make your temp go up... just not sure if only one cocktail can have this effect.

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

10 years ago

Hi Toronto. I'm aware alcohol can raise your BBT. I had 2 to 3 Mojito's four about 4 out of the 7 days I was on vacation. The drinks weren't strong, but I'm sure they had some impact. I finally got a high on my CBE digital today. Hope I get a peak in a few days.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo