Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

271 - 280 of 479 Replies | Last Page

Welcome to all the new ladies good to have ya, praying that y'all get your BFP's real soon :)

Essemkay-man oh man i am so sorry to hear ya had a chemical (((HUGS)))

AFM-Well had my ob appt yesterday for my biopsy, to find out it was just for a repeat pap, and that back in Nov. when i had my colp done, it was fine, i not only didn't have stage 1 dysplasia, i had nothing wrong, the pap was only a low grade change and everything was fine....so yes i worried myself sick for 5 mths over the dysplasia and it progressing to find out the stinking nurse gave me inaccurate results...GRRRRRR....i have had this dr for over 18 yrs and have never had probs like this b4, even though we were trying to talk to him, everything was brushed off, or rushed...to getting the infamous lecture on my age, and told that there is NO way that i have had as many chemicals/early m/c in the last yr and a half...so other than the pregnancies that were confirmed with blood he won't even consider the positive hpts, tried telling me delayed O until i showed him my charts, mmmhhhmmm, what now?? I know my body and i know something isn't right....so waiting for a call as he finally decided to refer me to a RE that they have come in from out of town...hubby isn't too thrilled with it, but i figured at the very least can figure what is going on with me...

((((HUGS)))) and prayers to all <3

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Hi Ladies! I'm really going nuts right now. I'm supposed to be working and I cannot concentrate!

I really thought I was out this month, but now I have a little hope! AF normally comes on CD 29. It did not show yesterday. However, FF said AF is due today. I think it is because I ovulated on the CD16. My LP is typically 13 days, so that would mean AF on CD 29 right?

Anywhoo...this morning I took a wondfo when I took my temp (which dipped below the coverline today). I went to sleep and when I woke up, I saw a faint line on it. I quickly took another wondfo with the same FMU and it also had a second line around 5 minutes. I thought maybe this is a fluke, so I just went to the loo and took a wondfo with SMU. Again a faint line! I also wanted to mention that I took a FRER with FMU and it was negative.

Is it possible to have a viable pregnancy with late implantation? Or is it really not late for someone who ovulated on CD 16? For example - for a women who ovulates on CD 14, it is not uncommon for them to get a positive on 12DPO.

I hope my lines are real! I have 4 FRERs left and I want to save them. If AF does not show today (and my temp goes back up), I may take another FRER tomorrow morning. I don't want to contact my doctor until I have a really obvious BFP!

Here's my link to my photo in the gallery. Let me know what you think!

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test123896

User Image

11 years ago

Oh, Holly3307 - I really hope this is it for you!! Keep us posted!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

I just had some blood work done to see what my Beta is. Should know by tomorrow or the next day.

Well today I got the results back from the gazillion blood tests they did on the 17th for our Fertility Panel.

DH - No issues whatsoever

Me...that is another story.

1. I have the MTHFR Deficiency - they are going to proscribe some special prenatal vitamins which have extra folic acid and should help me in that area. I think I read somewhere that having this deficiency increases your risk of miscarriage. I have to learn more about this.

2. My AMH Level is a dismal .16. I asked her to repeat it about 2 times to make sure I heard her correctly. She said my RE prefers it to be 1. Basically, my age is a huge factor and egg quality is poor - which they say can be expected, but not to loose hope.

They say all of my other test results thus far were great and they have had success with patients with similar levels like mine; however, I cannot help feeling bummed by this news.

Does anyone else here have very low AMH?

User Image

11 years ago

Hi Holly. My AMH was a 1 (on a scale that goes to 15 as I understood it) as of about a year ago. Probably lower by now. My new RE didn't even bother to tell me what it was, not realizing i'd already heard it from the prior guy. I remember I got the result in the aftermath of my miscarriage as part of trying to figure out what had gone wrong. It was very difficult news to get and I still remember the day very clearly. Hang in there, hon...there's still plenty of hope and paths to a BFP, but it can take a while to process. Meanwhile, you're doing all you can to improve your chances moving forward, and progress is a good thing! Will be thinking of you.

11 years ago

Sorry all. In rereading my prior post, i just realized I may have been referring to my Ovarian Reserve score rather than AMH (although it was obviously quite low to get such a poor score). Apologize for any confusion.

11 years ago

I don't know what my AMH is, but I'm 44, so it's probably dismal. Chin up!! Fingers crossed for a positive beta!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Hi Ladies. Just wanted to let you all know that after many months of drawing strength and encouragement to this board, its my turn to give a little back. Today is 9 days post 5day ET, and I got a very quick, very clear BFP on FRER!!!

I had seen some signs for hope on day 7, when I did the ultra-sensitive POAS...in the morning I thought it might be my imagination. By afternoon, it was faint, but clearly not in my mind. DH asked me to stop testing until the beta on Monday (he didn't want us to be on a roller coaster). So I negotiated with him for one in between (today), and he grudgingly agreed. Meanwhile, symptoms (sore breasts mostly) which have been intermittent have grown in frequency so I was pretty sure.

Trying not to get too carried away as so much could still go very wrong, but also trying to enjoy the moment. Thanks to all of you for all your comments all these months.

I'll keep you posted as things progress.

11 years ago

Justone......WELL DONE! That's the best news! Wishing you a very smooth and happy 9 months. I have everything crossed for you.

11 years ago

Justone - congratulations hun.

Just a quick question - can you get sore boobs and nipples (also boob under arm if you know where i mean) when you are ovulating? The last two days my boobs esp my left one has felt like its got pins and needles in it. I nearly jumped out the shower when the water hit my nipple :-( anyone else had this? Not sure if i 'O' d a couple days ago. Took Soy this month and cd 3-7 so hope that helps

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo