Community post

Discussion

HCG levels...a little scared

View Full Post

I've had 4mc and they all started with a low HCG level. I'm currently 4w5d (I think) and had a blood draw yesterday. My hcg is at 87. I've looked at a ton of charts and I know that what matters most is that the numbers double in 24-72 hours....and I have another blood draw tomorrow....but I was wondering if any of you ladies have had low hcg early in pregnancy but continued on without any problems. I'm just scared...and praying for my little bean. Please share your success story!! I need some reassurance! Thank you!!!

416 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

241 - 250 of 416 Replies | Last Page

Wow. Sounds like you've been through a lot! I hope you get more answers soon. XO

Shannon. I do believe you told me that before. I'm so sorry. I swear I can't retain any new information lately. Lol

My appointment is at 830am. And no, Barry can't be there. But it's a physical exam so I really don't mind. Lol I don't necessarily like an audience for that.

The heart beat has been around 160-165, sometimes going down to 158. But the last few times it was 141-148. I just worry that it's kind of a big drop. I've actually worried a lot because I still don't feel movement either. At this point I thought I should. I keep having these day dreams that the Dr tells me there's something wrong. I hope tomorrow's appointment brings some good news so I can rest my weary mind. :-(

Anyway. I'm off to the library with Gabe to finish his project. Keep me posted on your progress. I hope you gets loads of good news too! And I can't wait to read your blog!! ;-)

11 years ago • Post starter

It's okay~ I'm not to great with names....dh always has to whisper parents names to me because I can't remember. YAY!!! 0830 appointment is nice and early!! Thank goodness. I hear you about having privacy during physicals. I hope the doctor tells you everything is fine with the hb...it sounds like an okay one...

We have lots of projects around our house too...I think the last one was our diorama of native american indians and where they live....it was interesting :)

Hopefully I can get some appointments soon....a nice little ultrasound would be good....an initial visit...yes yes.

Have a good evening!!!!

11 years ago

Morning!

Everything went good at the appt. He decided not to do a physical exam. Not internal, anyway. Thank God! I hate those! As soon as I laid back he could see my uterus. He said his prediction is that I'll be all baby. I lost 2 lbs. since my last appointment, which he wasn't really happy about. I haven't been puking so I don't know how in the world I lost weight. They drew blood for the quad screen and he scheduled a gender ultrasound for March 19th. He'll check to see if my placenta moved up then too. He gave me some pointers on easing the Sciatica and hip pain but said it'll probably get a little better after the uterus moves out of the pelvic region. He also said that would be just in time to start feeling more round ligament pain as I go into the 3rd trimester. Crap. Heart beat was 153!! I was so happy to hear that!! He said he wasn't really concerned about the drop because it still stayed in normal range. Baby is good. Momma is good.

I took Gabe (my 11 y/o) to the park yesterday to run around for a while. I think he really needed it. We were both full of mud when we came home. lol We were walking around by the river, skipping rocks and climbing trees. I wasn't climbing, just him. lol All the way home he was telling me what a great time he had and how much he loved me. It was great. I love that kid.

Well I hope you're okay today. Talk to you soon!!

I had tears in my eyes reading about your appointment!! How perfect!! No internal exam, which is what you don't like~ YAY!! How DID you lose two pounds?? That's weird....especially because you've been eating. Did he offer any suggestions as to why, because that's interesting. With my last two boys I was so young and I think I didn't do any of the genetic testing. I suppose being of "advanced" maternal age at the ripe ol age of 35, I better look seriously at those tests. What is the quad for? Thank goodness there might be some relief with the sciatica. I had that about five years ago when I had herniated a lumbar disc training for a half marathon. THAT HURTS. More positive news. I wasn't AS worried as you about the heart rate and I'm VERY happy to hear it's 153 BUT MARCH 19th????AHHHHHHH!!! That's so far away! Exactly one month! It will go by fast! Before you know it Awwww~ Sometimes even when it's chilly, it feels so good just to get outside and move around....can't wait until summertime. Someone said it's like 30 days until spring or something My 11 year old is a doll too. That age is very sweet. Not a teenage quite yet. My 16 year old got diagnosed with mono and strep early last week. Then yesterday my 11 year old got diagnosed with the flu. We have been giving Motrin and Tylenol around the clock and he still has a temp of 101. The cough and sore throat he has is awful. Poor thing I found a replacement for work today and stayed home. I was just too worried to concentrate on work, even though dh does an amazing job.

SOooooooooooo....my OB called today and was happy with the beta rise and wanted one today ***groan***so I went and had one drawn. I didn't expect to hear back today, but they called back like three hours later and it was 4,276!! The nurse was really cute when she called back "Shannon, you're NEVER gonna believe this..." LOL! So I am finally scheduled for an ultrasound at 11:15 on Friday! Now, I only have to find someone to work for me for an hour. . I have a couple girls I have in mind. I hope one of them can do it. Hmmmm. I wonder if I'll be writing that blog after all.

11 years ago

YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! I just about fell out of my seat when I read that your beta is over 4000!! OMG!!! I am so so so happy for you!!!! And an u/s Friday!?!? Yaaaaaaaaay! Oh my goodness you have got to be on cloud nine right now!!

I'm sorry about your kiddos!! That sucks. Last week Caleb told me his girlfriend was throwing up. First I lectured him about pregnancy....because you KNOW I would've had to kill him if that was the culprit! He said he thought it was just something she ate. Well, guess who came home sick from school today? Yeah. I told him to go stay with her this week. I don't want that shit. lol He's 18. And her mom doesn't mind if he stays. I'm serious. He better not be home when I get there. I told him what meds to take. I love him. But I don't want the flu. Yuck.

The Quad screen is a blood test that screens for Spina Bifida and chromosome abnormalities (Trisomy 18 and 21 I believe) and Downs Syndrome. I wasn't going to do it because honestly, there's nothing I can do if the baby were to have any of those abnormalities. But I decided it would be good to know.

I got to work and after about an hour or so I decided to make an appointment at the elective gender ultrasound place. lol I just can't wait 4 weeks!! I decided to do the basic package which is 30 minutes long. They do 2D, 3D and 4D and they put it on a disk for you. They also allow you to bring in a blank thumb drive if you want them to put it on there. That package is $79 but it's this month's special so it's only $60!! I'm scheduled for Thursday at 730pm. Cross your fingers!!!

Oh, yay.....I'm so stinking happy for you!!!!!

It feels so good to have someone completely understand the situation and be so happy for me! THANK YOU!! It's so very very much an awesome feeling to have someone to celebrate with. Dh was taking a nap and was so surprised when I woke him up to tell him :) He's so excited to finally be making big progress :)

My 11 year old's name is Caleb!! That is so nice he can stay over there and keep you from being exposed. THANK GOODNESS!! LOL!! I lecture Brandon (16 year old) about pregnancy....he HATES when I do it. My older one has been very very good with his mono...he rests a lot and kind of stays in his room....he also has strep so it's nice he's just resting. Now, the little one I've had to take care of with dh...so hopefully with the flu shot I got in November I'll get away with a minor case or nothing

Wow. The quad covers a lot. I wonder how accurate it is...

YAY!!!!!! I'm glad you're doing the ultrasound early!! I can barely wait. AND THURSDAY!!! WAY WAY WAY better than waiting a whole dang month! I wonder if it's a girl. We are having such an exciting week. YIKES!!!!

11 years ago

I know, right!! This IS an exciting week for us! If we lived closer we'd have to go celebrate. But instead, we'll have to celebrate on here...

EXACTLY!!

11 years ago

Ok. I'm getting really nervous about tomorrow. Last night Barry and I talked for a little bit about it. I asked him if he was leaning one way or the other and he said girl! Surprised the crap out of me! He said sometimes he isn't sure but when he gets that 'feeling'....it's usually girl. I can't even read my own intuitive feelings right now. Up until a couple weeks ago I was leaning toward boy. Then I convinced myself that the only reason I was feeling 'boy' was because I didn't want to be disappointed if I wasn't having a girl. lol I don't know. I just can't wait 31 1/2 hours to find out!!! I talked to the girl that runs the place today. i had a few questions. She's really sweet. Another friend of mine went there 4-5 times during her pregnancy and said that girl is amazing. That makes me really excited. :-)

The stupid Sciatica had me up all friggin' night. From the time I got home it was non-stop....like lightening bolts in my butt. lol I couldn't stand right. I couldn't lift my right leg to take my boot off because it hurt my left butt cheek! I almost fell over! Then sitting to go to the restroom was a challenge. I folded about 87 loads of laundry while I watched Twilight Breaking Dawn and when I went to get up I thought I was going to fall on my face! I seriously hope that when my uterus moves up a little more that stupid pain goes away. I can't fold my legs at work...and that's a problem. When I do I settle in to the pain....but then when I go to unfold my legs...holy crap! What a pain in the ass!!!!!! lol

I'm so excited about your u/s Friday!! 2 more days!!! I was able to see the heart beat when I was a little over 7 weeks. I couldn't hear it yet...but I saw it beating on the screen. It was 112 bpm. GL girly!!!

Oh my gosh Oh my gosh Oh my gosh!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! Have to get working, but I wanted you to know I'm thinking of you!!!!!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo