Community post

Discussion

Yoghurts, Mayonnaise, Ice cream

I really hope this isn't a daft question (sorry if it is!); I think I am pregnant, just waiting to have it confirmed. It has suddenly dawned on me I bought a tub of ice cream at the weekend, and some yoghurts. Are these safe to eat? I know you have to be careful with undercooked eggs and unpasteurised milk...I assume milk, yogs, ice cream etc from the supermarket would be ok? But I'm not sure and don't want to risk anything!

Thanks! :)

4 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Eat all the ice cream and yogurt you like! It is perfectly fine to eat those things :)

11 years ago

Pretty much all store-bought stuff is going to be pasteurized so it's a good bet it's all safe. If there's any raw egg or anything in the product they have to have a warning on it that says "consuming raw eggs carries a risk of salmonella blah blah blah" (at least in the US) so you're safe unless it specifically says you're not :)

BFP 11/2011; missed m/c 12/2012; D&C 1/2012. Surgery to remove fibroids 4/2012. Trying again 7/2012~ --------- I'm on a quest to live life as if every day were vacation. Follow my journey at http://summerandsundays.com

11 years ago

Thanks. I'm not sure we have those warnings here in the UK - although maybe we do because we seem to have warnings for everything else!! TBH I've never looked out for it...will have to now!

11 years ago • Post starter

Hi
The only ice cream you should avoid is the mr wippie, 99 style ice creams...as it not completly pasteurised and the machines harbour bacteria xxx

Gx User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo