Community post

Question

Could U be pregnant? Or am I just wishful thinking?

Just started ttc with DH

Well I have been feeling out of sorts lately - irritable, back ache, mild cramps, easily drunk, really hot (as in body temperature), I have had this strange, clear, almost watery discharge, I've been trumping a lot, vivid dreams, always tired, spotty, insomnia, nausea, strange metallic taste in my mouth with certain drinks - this has been happening for about 2-3 weeks now, AF isn't due until about 8th August. My nails seem to have become really strong as well and grown like mad!

And the other day I had some prawns (I love prawns) but one bite and my stomach turned!

Also, the cat won't leave me alone and is always sleeping near me on the bed (she never does this).

Could be pregnant? Or am I just wishful thinking?

My breasts aren't sore or heavy, and I have no spotting.

Also, I do have an underactive thyroid, so some of these symptoms could be that (although my recent TF blood test was normal)

Any thoughts?

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Sounds like you have a lot of the symptoms, but sometimes our minds can play tricks on us. Wait until AF is due and take a test. I know the waiting stinks, so if you want take some $tree tests every few days until then. Try to not stress! Since you are TTC, hopefully you are already on prenatal vitamins, if not get on some. Drink LOTS of water and make sure you're eating healthy. Avoid soft cheeses, caffeine, alcohol, smoking, deli meats, and any sort of deli prepared salads (chicken, egg, etc), and wash all fruits and veggies. 1st trimester is very important so it doesn't hurt to treat your body as if you are just to be safe! Good luck!

*23, Christian, PCOS Variant, TTC My 1st* User Image

11 years ago

Thanks for your reply, that was really helpful :)

AF is due this week, I took a test last night as I have a spare one and couldn't wait any longer!! It was very faint but positive, so I am going to try again at the end of the week to make sure it was right. OMG I am so excited! But scared!

I have been trying to eat healthily lately anyway just to give myself a boost, I have been on folic acid for ages and have cut down on alcohol and caffeine. I guess I need to stop it all together now.

Best wishes x

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo