Community post

Discussion

Underactive Thyroid

Does anyone have hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)? What's your experience?

I was diagnosed about 6 years ago and take 150mcg levothyroxine pd.

I have annual blood tests and GP says I'm fine, but I can tell when everything is out of sync even if my results say I am ok.

It's getting very frustrating as a lot of symptoms are similar to very early pregnancy.

I would welcome thoughts from others with this condition

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I have hypothyroidism and I just found out I'm pg. I was on a very low dose, but apparently the dose has a lot to do with your fertility (or so I hear.) After I found out I was pg, the dr doubled my dose. They told me that when people take medication for thyroid issues, it bounces all over the place during pregnancy. I noticed that I was EXTREMELY tired (not just PMS tired) right around the time I found out I was expecting, and I'm going to blame the thyroid.

I know it doesn't help much for TTC, but that's my story.

Best of luck to you.

Oh...let me add that a relative was told she couldn't have kids due to her thyroid, started taking medication and conceived right away. It's not a complete hinderance...it just takes adjusting I think.

11 years ago

Thanks very much; and congratulations!

xx

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo