Community post

Question

Opinions please!

Our first little one I didn't use OPKs and it didn't take that long to conceive. This time around I decided to try them out and I'm hoping it does the trick. Unfortunately I was out of town for the beginning of my cycle. I'm wondering if we caught ovulation in time? I've read you have better odds if you BD in the days leading up to ovulation but I think we started BDing on the day of or the day before I O'ed. So it went like this:

CD 14 - 5/31 - Came home (wasnt able to test while I was gone)
CD 15 - 6/1 - Blazing positive OPK in the AM
We DTD
Another positive OPK in the PM but slightly less positive IMO
CD 16 - 6/2 - 2 equal lines on OPK (So still kinda positive?)
DTD
CD 17 - 6/3 - Negative OPK
DTD

I would love to hear everyone's opinions if this could still work out this month? Or should I not get my hopes up?

1 Answer • 4 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Hi there! You totally have a chance! When ttc is more Important to BD days prior ovulation and less important on the same day. Sperm needs from 30 minutes and it could need even days if the motility is lower in order to reach Fallopian tubes and it can live up to 5 days depending on its quality and on your “environment”. The egg can live 12-24 hours so when it drops it is important for the sperm to be there “waiting”! I hope this helped! Good luck

User image

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo