Community post

Success story

Pregnant again after multiple losses

I'm amazed to say that I am once again pregnant, what a great way to start a new year! Last year was full of loss as my first pregnancy ended up in loss at around 38 weeks, and my beautiful baby girl Lyla was still born on March 13,2011weighing in at 7lbs 3ozs. I then suffered 2 miscarriages after; one being at 9 weeks which left me with severe anemia that I had to recover from. I had been tracking my cycles for a couple of months now to make sure that they were regulating again. I began taking Vitex, Royal Jelly, DIM & Dong Quai (one of my favorites) for the first half of my cycle and continued taking my other vitamins such as my prenatal, vit.E, omega 3, & calcium magnesium for my whole cycles. this cycle I decided to a do a castor oil pack over my reproductive organs shortly after AF ended and began taking Wild Yam after I was sure that I had ovulated. I had many types of symptoms this month (extreme dry mouth, fatigue, sore nipples, cramping, etc.) but was very unsure that I would actually be pregnant. I basically felt like I had the flu, with my muscles being very sore. The one thing that probably made me the most doubtful is that I always watch out for implantation spotting because I had had that with all of my prior pregnancies, so this is my first one where that didnt happen. But my bbt chart had a noticeable second rise in temperature which stayed up above 98 and usually i stay at around 97.5. at night my temp would be around 99.4 which is definitely way high for me.
I began testing at 11 dpo on friday and kept coming up with negatives except for some strange new tests I found at Kmart called smart sense early result. I took 2 of them (1 at 11 dpo the other at 12 dpo) and they kept popping up with strange looking blue lines. It was a blue dye test and so after reading some negative things about the blue dye i decided to disregard it since the pink dye tests were still poppin up negative. I was pretty much certain that AF was going to arrive tomorrow, although i had a deeper feeling that it really wasnt. I had pretty much given up though and then tonight as I was baking a cake for a friend I oiled the pan with some olive oil and the smell of it hit me so strong so that prompted me to test again, but it was kind of like a haha get another negative and give up because I was sure it was all in my head.But i went in and took a test ( I used a New Choice which has never done me wrong) and sure enough clear as day a positive popped up. I was shocked. I drank a bunch of water but then decided i should test again to make sure and took my last FRER i had last and sure enough a very faint positive came up again (it was pretty faint I think due to my ultra diluted pee). I'm really excited now but pretty scared after all my previous losses, so I really hope this sticks. its funny because olive oil was a real enemy of mine in my first pregnancy and it looks like its going to be again :)

0 Comments • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo