Community post

Journal

Wish I could trust my body again.

After the missed miscarriage I don't know how to trust my body. I always thought if someone had a miscarriage that they started bleeding and/or cramping and it was obvious they were losing the baby. I had nothing. No idea that I had been carrying a dead baby for over a month.

8w3d today and I cant help but wonder if I should trust my body. I haven't had a any bleeding, spotting or cramping so I should take that as a great sign that things are going well. The lack of morning sickness has me nervous though. I feel like my body just cannot be trusted because maybe I am one of those people that never miscarries normally, maybe all I have are missed miscarriages. I saw baby's beautiful 126bpm heart beat when he/she measured 6w6d. I was elated, I cried. But because the baby was only 3 days older than my angel baby, it makes me wonder if the HB has stopped and my body failed to tell me.

They say a mmc is more rare than other miscarriages and generally happens only once. So theoretically if I was to m/c again it would be your standard bleeding cramping one. Though I see women on here with multiple missed miscarriages and it worries me. Maybe some of us are prone to them?

I had a very vivid dream last night that I went to the bathroom and when I pulled down my panties to go they were soaked in blood, it was everywhere, dripping down my legs, filling the toilet, and I started crying so hard I woke myself up, I was still crying I when I woke up, my face was soaked in tears and I jumped from the bed and ran to the bathroom, almost falling up the stairs to get there. Obviously when I got there I was fine, there was no blood. I wiped 10x just to make sure. Now I can't tell if the dream was a sign, a warning or telling me my baby was gone.... or if it was just a manifestation of all my worries. I'm hoping it's the latter.

User Image

1 Comment • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Comments

:( Your telling me same story, it happens.. I had a missed MC in July, the baby died at 9 weeks and 5 days and I didn't find out till the 12 week scan and there it was.. pretty shitty huh. So fast forward and today I am 10 weeks and 2 days and i saw my baby on Tuesday and it was perfect.. BUT like you said, the worry drowns out my happiness. Its really hard. All i can say is take it one day at a time, trust that this will be your rainbow baby, i am very aware of my body this time, i take every little clue as a hint we are still ok. I guess for someone who has experienced this kind of loss its hard to embrace a new pregnancy fully until we are free and clear out of the 1st trimester, at least thats what I tell myself. So Chin up, what happened before was horrible but lets not let it destroy us. <3 lots of hugs to you!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo