Community post

Journal

Update

I've taken a TTC website sabbatical. I unsubscribed from every TTC and pregnancy website that sent me daily preggo updates, trackers and TTC tips. I still occasionally get the random email but it has taken off the stress tremendously. We officially just passed the one year of trying mark but there is still hope on the horizon. I had messed up my thyroid seriously around the time we got married. I lost 30 pounds before we got married and then put on 60 pounds in the first year and a half of marriage and when I finally got it back under control I wasn't really myself still. I have since started doing Zumba and watching what I'm eating and moving more. I'm made progress in the weight loss dept but I also am starting to notice my hormones getting back into align. (I know it sounds like total hokum and maybe it is but there is something that I have noticed and it is a theory I am testing.) My hair used to be super super curly and once I put on all the weight after we got married it went stick straight. I was talking to a friend who had been having a lot of thyroid issues and she had stick straight hair while it was out of whack but once she went on medication to straighten it out her hair came in uncontrollably curly. And my aunt who has never had curly hair in her life was put on thyroid medication about 5 years ago and her hair became ringlets. So it's just something that I have been noticing about people in general and whether or not there is any real merit to it I don't know but at least for me it gives me a flicker of hope. That being said, we are still not trying but not preventing until after the summer and hopefully by the end of the year I will be able to be back down to a reasonable weight for my frame and hopefully somewhere along the way something wonderful will come out of all of this.

I read something interesting the other day. It was a quote from Jennifer Lopez about TTC. It was in an interview for What to Expect When You Are Expecting the Movie. She was commenting on the challenges of TTC and what she said was basically that she had convinced herself that there was no hope and that it would never happen for her, and when she finally started to believe that it could it did. So, with that in mind, I'm going to take another sabbatical and I'll update you if things change. I have my hopes up for the first time in several (prob 3) months. Cautiously optimistic. And for reasons that would have to be censored so why share! :-)

0 Comments • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo