Community post

Question

No one answers....

I love everything about this page and how you can keep track of everything and all the calendars it has.
But i have asked several questions and have only got one maybe two responses, is there any other page where people actually answer??

" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

6 Answers • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

I think it depends on a lot of factors including the time of day you post (I'm not sure what the best time is, I clearly haven't found it) or whether your question is something people CAN answer. There are lots of questions that nobody really can answer (like "I haven't tested, but am I pregnant"). And questions where people don't want to answer no when someone is so very hopeful (like "I took 5 pregnancy tests and they were all negative, I started bleeding this morning, am I pregnant").

I know it's very frustrating, though. I try to answer as many questions as I can. I just looked and over the years, I have asked 12 questions and answered over 1,300. But nobody even commented on the question I posted yesterday.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

7 years ago

I agree with essemkay. A lot depends also on how a question is worded. On top of it many questions can only be answered by a dr. And of course the very common question "Am I pregnant" is the million dollar question.... It's impossible to interpret luteal phase symptoms and give an intelligent answer. The very best wishes :)

7 years ago

Another thing that happens, which unfortunately u may be getting lumped in to, is the response from the original poster. Some of us answer many questions, as honestly and factual as possible, but the replies given from the one asking, make us (me, anyways) not want to help anyone. Some posters can get incredibly rude if they don't like what u say. Some ppl don't want to hear the truth, learn or be helped, they just want to complain and live in an unrealistic bubble. It's very frustrating for those of us who know better and are just trying to help them.

7 years ago

Thank you ladies. All of you made good points!! I just ask questions to have others thoughts or opinions. Maybe my situation has happened to someone before or someone they may know. Although I am realistic and know that every one is different and so is every pregnancy

" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

7 years ago • Post starter

I agree with all the previous answers there. I answer *a lot* of questions of most of the time my very well-meaning and as honest and factually accurate answers get "down voted" ("This answer wasn't helpful" votes) to the depths of TTC hell. I've also gotten some really rude remarks. It's really hard to keep answering questions when I know that 9 times out of 10 no one will find my answer helpful and sometimes I'll ever get some nasty responses.

There are some really great TTC communities that you may want to look into. There is reddit.com/r/TryingForABaby. Baby center has some good TTC groups. There is "Trying to Get Pregnant" over on Thebump.com and plenty of others I can't think of off the top of my head. The only thing I'd say about communities is that they usually have a "give support to get support" culture so they're not usually great places to just pop in, ask a question and then not comment again till you ask another question. But I l

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

7 years ago

I know I've asked questions regarding trying to conceive after miscarriage in July 2015 and being put on clomid since I was in 3 rounds of clomid 50 mg now on second round of 100mg and no advice ugh what to do for rainbow baby

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo