Community post

Question

Could i be pregnant?

Ok i started my last cycle on 7-20-16 and ovulated on 8-3-16 we had intercourse and waited the two week wait. Within those two weeks i had a very faint positive hpt, a positive hpt, then 2 negative after that using the digital hpt. We assumed i had a chemical pregnancy. Now its time for af and my period is completely different its not even enough to use a tampon and not filling up a pad either. And ive also been feeling very sick to my stomach off and on along with very bad headaches loss of appetite nothing that i usually accociate with my period?? Could i possibly be pregnant?

" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

5 Answers • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Forgot to mention kinda have felt like i had the flu have had hot flashes/sweats dizzy spells and extremely tired!!

7 years ago • Post starter

might be pregnant....and the bleeding you have might be implantation bleeding.....but never get your hopes up rather go for blood test to confirm :)

7 years ago

I would defiantly go get blood work done my friend had the same thing happen and she ended up being pregnant good luck!!

7 years ago

Huntersmommy5 i have been spotting for the last 4 days but thats it the only time it was more than that is when my husband and i had sex, even then it wasnt alot.
At this point i think blood work is my best option because im still showing symptoms here and there such as achy boobs, heartburn, constipation, and slight cramps. Nothing accociated with my "normal" cycle

7 years ago • Post starter

How soon after the positive tests did you use the digtal? What brand and type (for example First Response Early Results) was the positive test and what brand and type was the digital (ex. ClearBlue with weeks estimator)?

The reason I ask is that a lot of digital tests aren't very sensitive at all. Some digitals won't read positive till 50miu. FRERs read positive at 8.3miu. So obviously you could get a positive FRER and not be able to get a positive digital for a couple of days.

hCG should double every 48 hours during pregnancy. So, theoretically, if you had 10hCG the day you got a positive it could take up to 6 days to be able to get a positive digital if you're using one of the less sensitive digital tests.

The ClearBlue with weeks estimator should read "Pregnant 1-2" around 17miu of hCG. And the First Response digital should read "Pregnant" at 10miu.

I'd suggest taking another test if you're still having symptoms and no real period.

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo