Community post

Question

2 bfps then bfn at hospital????

Well, i got another bfp this morning so called up the doctors who sent me to the early pregnancy unit.. the nurse did a urine test and said it was negative but asked to do a blood test anyway.. how is it possible to get a bfp at home but a bfn at the hospital?

2 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

If one test was first urine of the day and the other was later in the day the hormone concentration in the urine at the hospital wouldn't have been as concentrated as it was in the morning. The amount of liquids consumed could dilute it as well. Best to do the blood test. False positives are rare. Fales negatives are much more common. Good luck!

8 years ago

I answered this question on your other thread.

You're more than likely not using the same test as the hospital- there's usually aren't as sensitive as the at home ones.
Your positive test was probably with first morning urine and the one at the hospital was not.

The blood test won't lie...so you'll have your answer soon enough.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo