Community post

Question

Can I catch the first egg even if I have had AF's but from the shot so they were AO. Please help?!?

I gave birth 5/24/13 at my 6 week checkup I got the depo shot I had AF from that month on for about 6-7 months the shot took that long to wear off. I figured if I got 1 depo shot by the time it wore off I was assuming 7-8 months we would be ready for our second baby. Which we were but the problem is I haven't had an AF since the shot hormones left my body. I comfort nurse about 5 hours/24hour day. I figured By decreasing nursing by a bunch it would bring back AF. No such luck. We still are trying no contraceptives, I do OPKs, and check CM. So since I would have never had AF if it weren't for the shot can I still catch the first egg? Or do I have to wean completely to jumpstart my AF to start ovulating again? I'm not sure if the AFs count because they were side effects from the shot not from my body ovulating after birth. Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

1 Answer • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

You can still ovulate without af. You may ovulate and af plans on coming that month and it's a no show because you catch that egg. I know a lot of women nursing and no af and still get pregnant. Maybe start to bf a little less and that may start af and ovulation. But like I said you may gear up to have af because of ovulation and never get af because you catch that egg. So keep bding and I hope you get your bfp soon very soon. My friend thought oh I'm in the clear nursing and no af in 9 months well to her surprise she found out she was 8 weeks pregnant without af and strictly nursing and nursing every 4 hours and never pumped and was a stay at home mom. Baby dust hon

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo