Community post

Question

How easy it is to get pregnant from some?

I m ttc 21 months. Nothing clicled. Did follicular study...too many scans...too many HCg injections. Thyroid is normal. Tried pre seed. but nothing is working. i got a fibroid inside uterus cavity 3cm * 2 cm. but i dont have heavy periods nor it is painful.

This cycle doctor wants me to do Lap and Hsg dye test.

Any idea how much it will cost? What i have to carry to hospital. Will i bleed fom vaginal after lap n hsg test?

Please help.

I dont like to stay in hospital....change napkins...
pain i will bear it.

2 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

A lap is surgery - but is generally outpatient surgery. Recovery is probably 2-4 days, depending on what they do while they're in there (for example, if they find endometriosis).

An HSG can be done at the doctor's office. They just run a catheter up into the uterus and shoot a heavy dye through your fallopian tubes. For some, this causes really painful cramping, but for most it's manageable with motrin or doesn't require anything. There's no recovery time for this procedure - once it's done (it takes minutes, if that), it's done.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

I have been ttc for almost 3 years and have been through many tests. Is the Lap and Hsg dye test the test that shows if your tubes are blocked? If so, I did that, it was no big deal. No pain, no bleeding, nothing I really considered anything to be worried about. I was in and out within an hour or 2.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo