Community post

Question

Got a BFP ? iui done after how many hrs of tigger?

I am getting triggered on Tuesday night. Doc wants me to go for iui after 36hrs. I mostly ovulate before 48 hrs.

Last time he did after 38hrs. That time ovulation was not done.

I don't want a negative this time.

Got 2 follies of 14 n 11 size. Hoping both grow fast. I am taking injectable this cycle from cd5 to cd 11.

Please share ur bfp success story. What u did different in that cycle ?

Poll:
Iui after 36hrs (2 votes)
Iui after 38hrs (0 votes)
Iui after 40hrs (1 votes)
Iui after 42hrs (0 votes)
Iui after 44hrs (0 votes)

2 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Just remember if they do it at 36 hours the eggs can still be fertilized for up to 12 hours after ovulation. My fertility dr did iuis 36 hrs after trigger. Mine were unsuccessful but that's because my tubes were cut and burned then reversed. Best of luck to you though and God bless! My best friend just had success on her 3rd iui round! ;-)

9 years ago

Once the follicles are mature, at least 18 mm in size, 10,000 IU of hCG is given to trigger ovulation. This will start the process of ovulation, or the release of the egg(s), predictively and very accurately, in about 38 hours. In human females, the process to actually release the egg takes about 4 hours. Therefore, 38 plus 4 equals 42, which is about the time the egg(s) will physically be released and picked up by the fallopian tube.

Info given on internet. This time I will try 40 hrs later. Hoping for positive.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo