Community post

Question

Fibroids info needed please :-(

Ive recently had a internal scan, and been told i have fibroids on my uterine wall?? Ive not been given any more info than that, nor do i know how this effects my fertility? Im under investigations fir possible endometriosis and suffer painful/heavy cycles alongside horrific ovulation pain/pain bd'ing. I had a chemical loss at 4wk 6days on Feb 3rd and wonder if this has anything to do with the fibroids? Any info/experience sharing would be much appreciated. TIA xxx

User Image 1DD 2DS's 1 1

4 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Wish I could help you more, but I don't know about fibroids. Can you arrange a meeting with your consultant to discuss it further? You want to know how it affects your fertility, whether they are what's causing your symptoms and what the treatment options are. In the meantime, if I were you, I would do a search online and see if there is an organisation that could help. Sometimes patients form their own groups and support one another.

5 years TTC. Endometriosis and adenomyosis. Surgery. 2 IVFs. No joy. Low ovarian reserve. Is there any real hope? DE IVF = next step. Much higher success rates, but so used to things not working, it's hard to feel too hopeful. Wishing others an easier time.

10 years ago

Yes fibroids can be removed from uterus. I have severe endo and fibroids, ive had 2 surgeries to remove cysts/endo/fibroids. I was able to get preg 8 mon after last surgery and im now 13wks preg and i still have fibroids. It can affect your fertility and cause m/c's based on where they are located and how many u have. You need to see yr obgyn and have another u/s to determine if surgery is necessary to make you more fertile. If they r on the outside of uterine wall and not growing into the uterus you are fine and should not interfere w pregnancy. Endo is more concerning as it causes scar tissue and blocked tubes.

10 years ago

As mentioned above it really depends on their position
At the time of conceiving my daughter I had around 3 the largest was millimetres!!
They kept a watchful eye on them to ensure they weren't growing with my baby but they posed no problems
Oh and I got pregnant second month trying with her
Key questions to ask gynae are position e.g. Anterior, size and volume and possible fertility issues
Best of luck and please feel free to message x

10 years ago

Thanks for replies ladies..., went to see hubby's gp with him today, he was lovely... He said that the cause of this is now irrelevant as it is irreversable,.. He checked hubby over and physically he his fine, he said that the chance of us conceiving naturally are 3% or less within a year, and that intervention will probably be the only way. He said to get the other SA test (appointment arrived today for April 10th) to confirm, and if the same or worse than 95% he will send us to the fertility clinic for investigations etc, but any treatment we will have to pay for ourselves which is impossible... Im back at gynaecology to show them the report on 2nd April and decide wether or not to have the lap & dye.... Xxx

User Image 1DD 2DS's 1 1

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo