Community post

Question

IVF/ICSI ABROAD? Help please ladies xxx

Has anyone ventured abroad for IVF/ICSI It seems cheaper till you add everything on like flights, accomodation, transfers etc... And am very wary that you don't get medical insurance.... Would love to hear of some successful recommendations? I am in the UK and have been quoted £14'600 for 3 cycles of IVF with ICSI here :-( xxx

User Image 1DD 2DS's 1 1

6 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

where in UK do you live? do you are your partner have any kids? if not in the UK you entitled to free ivf.

10 years ago

I have living children from previous marriage... My husband of 5 years has no children (hes 27 and given up most of his adult life to the Royal Air Force) he has 95% antisperm antibodies. We are not ables to get any help even though he is childless and near enough infertile :-(

User Image 1DD 2DS's 1 1

10 years ago • Post starter

I haven't done it but researched it and was about ready to do it when I was starting the ivf process. We ended up getting a pretty good deal here in the states though: $15,000 for 3 fresh and 3 frozen including icsi and it's a refund program that refunds 75% if all 6 cycles fail. There are medical tourism companies that will book the whole treatment, flight, hotel and excursions together. It's like ivf vacation. A good friend of mine had lasik through a medical tourism company in Thailand and loved it!

10 years ago

Thats fab hun... Nothing like that here in the UK though xxx

User Image 1DD 2DS's 1 1

I have living children from previous marriage... My husband of 5 years has no children (hes 27 and given up most of his adult life to the Royal Air Force) he has 95% antisperm antibodies. We are not ables to get any help even though he is childless and near enough infertile :-(

User Image 1DD 2DS's 1 1

I can say on Poland example- it is a low cost country, particularly for UK citizen, very cheap staying, accomodation, food etc. Plus there are low cost airlines. The cost of all programmes you can see here: http://www.invictaclinics.com/infertility-treatment/ivf-programs/comparison-of-ivf-programs/
Also other programmes (e.g. eggs freezing) are very pocket friendly. Doctors usually speak English quite well and are experinced with international patients. Country itself is clean and safe, people are friendly. Success rate of any ivf programme is very high, some even state that higher than in UK: e.g. http://www.eggdonationfriends.com/ivf-pilot-programme-in-poland-resulted-in-birth-of-more-than-2000-babies/
Unfortunately you cannot use your insurance, but prices are affordable. Hope info will be useful.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo