Community post

Question

Are ultrasounds accurate?

There is someone on another forum which says that they were pregnant and the ultrasound found nothing in uterus. I am not ttc but if I was it would be 8w 5days. It's a pelvic but the internal one may or may not done. If nothing is fun. Is it indeed to sufficient to say not pregnant?

10 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Answers

I am kinda confused what you are asking?? Internal ultrasounds at 8 weeks are very accurate... If anything was in your stomach it would find it... Are you pregnant? Or are you just curious if you were pregnant if it would find something..

10 years ago

So, I'm a little confused on what exactly you're trying to ask. Are you going to be getting a pelvic ultrasound to make sure you're not pregnant or are you just asking if ultrasounds in general are accurate?! Or are you saying you did have a pelvic ultrasound but it's not showing anything? Sorry to be confused but I believe that YES, ultrasounds are very accurate on positive/negative proof of pregnancies. But, no they're not always exactly right on how far along you could be of you are or were to be pregnant. Hope this helps.

10 years ago

By reading all of your other questions... That say stuff about ttc. I am pretty sure you need to go to the doctor get blood work done get an internal ultrasound and get on birth control to help regulate a period.. I am not sure if you are ttc or your not but getting on bc if your not ttc will help alittle with your panic and if you are ttc talking to a doctor will help with getting a regular period since he can prescribe you stuff that might help

10 years ago

Transvaginal u/s are quite accurate and by 8+ weeks you would see a little nugget inside of a sac in the womb unless it is an ectopic pregnancy, which means outside the womb. Sometimes ovulation date is off and why not see anything at first, but by 6th week you would see something. The baby changes drastically in those first few weeks, so it is easy to date a pregnancy. If only had abdominal u/s, those are not as easy to see baby early on. Usually by 10 weeks, when can also pick up heart beat using doppler, they switch to abdominal u/s vs transvaginal.

10 years ago

Sorry to be excessively confusing. I am NOT ttc but I am excessively paranoid because I have had pelvic cramps this month. I done umpteen tests - negative. So just want extra confirmation. I do need better BC sorted too.

10 years ago • Post starter

No problem!! You are fine!! Don't worry.. Periods be very light some months and the next month be completely fine.. Good luck! I hope you can get on a better birth control to hopefully ease your mind alittle!!

10 years ago

Ugh it's later tonight. In about 7 hours I'm feeling really stressed. What should I expect from an ultrasound? If I am paying for it - do you think I should request an internal one too.

What did you find out?

10 years ago

Literally nothing - endometrial lining 6mm, apparently I have small ovaries (but good follicle activity) and this has stemmed my latest hypochrondriac feelings. So when will I finally accept I'm not pregnant? Haha

Well since you are not TTC you will be fine... The question we ask here is the same one when we are late,or when we get a positive and 2 days later you loose the baby you thought would have for another 9 months.. you will feel a lot of hate some days for not being pregnant(if you secretly wanted to get pregnant) I know this conpletely because I have been trying since last April just this morning got a negative.. so everyone knows that feeling and is hit with millions of other questions...

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo