Community post

Question

Are Fertility Monitors worth the money?

I've been using opk's for 5 months now and find my surge but I'm still not pregnant. Was wondering if it's worth the money to purchase a monitor. Any testimonials or opinions would be helpful. Thanks

Poll:
Monitors are definitely more helpful (0 votes)
Just keep using OPK's and save the dough (0 votes)

2 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I love mine, but I dont trust it....buuuut, I also take estrogen altering supplements/meds, so it throws the monitor off. They are good, esp if u learn how to read the sticks (allowing u to test more than once a day). I use opk's and sometimes get lines that are questionably close to a positive, so to determine if it is or not, I use a monitor stick and read those lines. All in all, I love the test sticks, have yet to find the monitor itself useful.

10 years ago

For me, I found the monitor not very good as it never detects my highs..only my low's ad peak. But I do think it is useful for other women as the high gives you extra days in which u should ttc.. The the other lady said,I don't think they are that reliable ..eg. The monitor has told me I was on peak when I just knew that was not the case (based on my cm). I also think the monitor is more useful if you have an irregular cycle.. But then if ou have been trying for 5 months already you may just want o get one..so no regrets... (Mentally satisfying that I have one).. IMHO ..I would also bd before the ovulation sticks show you are peaking..at least every other day from day 10 to cd16-20+ (depending on your cycle length )

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo