Community post

Question

7.2 weeks pregnant and pink spotting. Anybody had same & everything was fine?

I have read many stories of some women who ended in miscarriage, and for others everything was fine...would be nice to get reassurance from u ladies pls or hear of what u experienced?

I have no pain, just woke in the middle of night and had a little pink spotting after wiping urine..I have had nausea for past 3 days and boobs are still sore
Thank u..

17 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 17 Answers | Last Page

Many women experience early spotting and go on to have healthy babies. I myself, had a similar experience at 8 weeks pregnant and was put on bed rest til the spotting ceased at 10 weeks.

11 years ago

Hi Tara. Unfortunately for me, it was the first sign of m/c. My first m/c it was a gush of blood all at once. Second, it was just the lightest spot of pink and that was it. Next day, the u/s showed the baby had just died. I think you said you had an u/s last week, right? And they could only see the yolk sack? When is your next u/s?

11 years ago

at about 6 weeks with last pregnancy I bled rather heavy for about 1 day and I had a healthy baby. I heard that it can be "old blood" from last cycle. another friend of mine had a period for the first 2 months of her pregnancy. hope that helps.

11 years ago

I know this would be difficult to do, but try not to stress over this if possible. Call your Dr and let him know what you ate experiencing. Like mine, he may suggest that you come in ASAP to perform a sonogram and physical. Try to stay off your feet, don't lift anything heavy, and relax your mind. Good luck!

11 years ago

I had the same thing when I was pregnant with my daughter. Mine was at about 9 weeks and at the same time my friend who was 7 weeks pregnant had the same thing. There was a key difference between us. Mine was spotting and no pain and went away after a day or two. My friend had pains and cramps and her spotting turned into bleeding heavily. I ended up being fine but my friend had a miscarriage. Good luck!

11 years ago

Thk u all..I feel so supported on this site..you ladies r amazing!

Soci, thank u for remembering..u r right, only saw yolk sac in last scan..but I don't want to rush to get scan done as I am not convinced they are 'completely' safe - even the medics don't admit that..the most they say is that they are the 'safest' scans available with today's technology - for what that's worth..

I am really anxious as I hv had 2 scans done in this pregnancy already..and considering that they can't change the outcome - I see little point other than some reassurance. I had the first scan because I was certain I was miscarrying at 4 weeks and I wanted to know the thickness of my endometrium lining and then the second scan (6 Wks) the hospital insisted because they had not seen any sac at 4 weeks and they were concerned because of risk of ectopic..but the sac was in womb.

App. with OB on 23 May..I may get a scan at that time..although I can go in sooner and may do so depending on how I feel..

11 years ago • Post starter

This morning I had spotting (pinkish/brown when wiping) with fmo, but definitely hardly any with smu, so hopefully a good sign...and no pain ..

Hopefully the bleeding will cease soon. But definitely a good indication that pregnancy is still viable if you are not experiencing any cramping, heavy bleeding and still holding on to pregnancy symptoms! Best of luck to you! :)

11 years ago

thks Tiffany - Update - been feeling blue all day - but no more spotting after fmu - so hopefully a good sign ..and I am still nauseated..

I did have mild cramping on right side - for about 1/2 hour this morning - but it was mild - and disappeared...trying to distract myself with crappy tv..should be reading - but hard with nausea - not enjoying the bedrest..I love walking..so went for a short walk to my local shops..really would love to get out and walk some more though.

Hi. Although I can't give you a positive experience (I mc in dec) I can say that what is generally defined as a bad sign is clotting and not necessarily just spotting. The very first thing I saw was a small clot and I just knew. Please don't stress you will only make yourself ill.

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo