Community post

Question

possible clotting disorder not sure. should I take Baby Aspirin?

Here is a quick run down of my pregnancies
First pregnancy, mild spotting at beggining..my miracle preemie was born at 23 weeks. started with contractions. got to ER with 3cm dilated cervix and bulging membranes. after 3 days in bedrest and meds my son was born. Unknown cause but they SUSPECT PTL(preterm labor) or IC(Incompetent cervix) or both.
Second pregnancy, No spotting .babygirl Angel was sick with fetal hydrops and a cystic hygroma and she passed away in utero at 17 weeks. but autopsy showed she only grew until 15 weeks. Didnt have contractions nor spotting or bleeding. Had to be induced. Dr said this would most likely not happen again
Third pregnancy, spotting at beggining babyboy Yovany. I started having BH early on starting at 12w and got harder and stronger BH as it went on..at 13w3d I woke up in a puddle of blood and extreme contractions. went to ER . Dr said bleeding was coming from placenta. I was NOT diated. blood was irritating my uterus which caused dilation & l

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

You should talk to your doctor before taking baby aspirin, even though a lot of people take it without talking to their doctor. I looked it up and acetylsalicylic acid (also known as aspirin!) is a Category D & Category C drug, meaning it has been known to show adverse effects during pregnancy, and that aspirin has been shown to cause adverse effects in animal pregnancies, but not enough studies have been done on humans.

So definitely talk to your doctor and see if your specific situation outweighs the risk or if there is a dose that is okay to take during pregnancy.

11 years ago

First, wow, that is a lot for one person to go through. I am so sorry for all your losses. I so hope they are able to find out what's causing it. I had losses at 11w and 7w and they thought I might have the clotting disorder. I'm taking baby aspirin but also the injections. It's a low dose but I'm taking it daily as a precaution. There's a test for it but it's expensive and the dr. said they'd put me on Clexane even if it was negative, just to be safe. B/c yours were so much later, I don't know if that would suggest clotting disorder. Maybe if you were losing them like 6-12 weeks and under but seems like the problem would show much earlier. Also, it seems like with each one, it was a different problem each time. This is likely way out of the area for us non-medical folk to comment on. I'd just see enough drs. until you find one who can give you the right answer for the recurrent losses. Again, very sorry and so hope your next pg is perfect!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo