Community post

Question

Baby Making Addict. Advice Please

Does anyone have any advice on how to conceive faster. best positions the whole week of ovulation. when to know 100% your ovulating. how often we should get sexy. any home remedies or whatever to have better luck in conceiving. I cant afford the OV test so any advice on getting pregnant faster is highly appreciated. Thank You. and Baby Dust to Everyone.

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I don't think there's any way to predict the exact moment of ovulation. Cervical fluid and cervical position can be helpful predictors. I read in your bio that you started temping recently; that's the best way to confirm ovulation. After you've temped through a couple cycles, you should begin to see a pattern for O day, so you can try to time sex before O day. As far as frequency, I've read either every day or every other day. For instance, I have a wide range of O days (cd16 to cd22), so we start ttc sex on d13 or 14 and go every other day until my fertility friend app confirms ovulation. Every day would be potentially exhausting/boring. That's your call.

I'm very sorry for your loss... Best wishes going forward.

11 years ago

thank you so much for your condolences. well I informed my Husband last night as soon as AF is over we are getting sexy every other day and the week I think I'm OVing we are doing it every single day and he just looked at me like I was nuts. with the cervix position how do you know youre feeling your cervix. and the temp checks in the Am when I start to OV do the increase or decrease temp wise.

11 years ago • Post starter

How long is your cycle? That can give you a good rough idea to start. You will likely ovulate 12-14 days before your period starts. That way you haven't exhausted yourself by the time your fertile window happens.

This is how BBT charting works (bbt is "basal body temperature" or "thermometer"): you take your temp, every morning first thing. It should be after minimum 3 hours sleep and at roughly the same time. You can do it orally or vaginally... Pick one and stick with it for the whole cycle. You record your temp. when you record your temps, you're looking for an overall shift in temps... They'll be higher AFTER o. Because your temps only go up after O, you can't use Bbt to predict O, only to confirm it.

I personally don't check cervical position, so I'm no help there.

Fertilityfriend.com has great information/tutorials on BBT charting.. They even have a free app. It will give you way more detail than I did here.

11 years ago

So my AF shows 21-24 days this is only my 3rd one since I stopped bleeding I'm Dec from delivery. So that's where I'm kinda lost. That's why I began doing the BBT mucus check and cervix position every morning. My husband and I decided to try this before we went and spent money on OPKs.

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo