Community post

Question

how soon can a blood test pick up on hgc??

i have a doctor appointment this afternoon she is going to do a blood pregnancy test but when i checked the ptc it said that this was too early to do a test but my boobs are super sore and my lower back hurts like crazy i also been having stomach pains as well along with a few occasional headaches so can anyone please tell me what you think i should do

5 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Hcg should be detectable pretty quickly after implantation, takes a couple more days for urine. How many days past ovulation are you?

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

well i really dont know how to calculate my dpo i ovulated on the 11th of February which is when i had unprotected sex and the day before

11 years ago • Post starter

I'm in the same boat as you!! I'm on cd 48! And have a blood test in two days. My normal cycles are 40 days and I've had all the same symptoms as you! Please let me know how your blood test goes!!

11 years ago

mikalah09, at 29 days past ovulation, your hcg would be PLENTY high. Why do you think that's too soon? What is the ptc?

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

the ptc told me that the 20th i when i should try the hpt that if i do it before then i was going to get a negative reading but i haven't missed a period yet so i guess i will wait to see if AF shows up on time

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo