Community post

Question

Just started metformin for PCOS How long could it take?

I just started metformin for my PCOS 2 days ago. I was wondering if anyone has any stories on having a baby on metformin. How long did it take you, were you successful? I feel better on metformin but only have had a change in appetite. no other side effects. My husband and I have been trying for our baby in the past year and have had no success. We weren't sure if it was him, or me.. but then I was diagnosed with PCOS after having my son who is now 2. (he is not my husbands biological child) So it was confusing to know if it were him or me... Now i am on metformin and we are hop ing this can solve our problem. We want a baby girl. Any help on the issue? I would appreciate any input, and Thank you ahead of time. :)

Poll:
Didn't work (1 votes)
Worked within 2 months! (0 votes)
tried Clomid and were successful (0 votes)
Took 2-6 months to conceive (0 votes)
Took 6 mo- 1 yr to conceive (0 votes)

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I also have pcos i am 26 found out i had it when i was 19. i was also put on that and clomid (my ex husband and i were trying for a baby) i had awful side effects from the met. hair lose was the worst so after one month of it i stopped using it. long story short after my ex and i split i was less stressed started walking everyday and started vitex(sp?) did a lot of research on pcos and was able to get a cycle 3-4 months in a row witch was a big deal because i was lucky if i had it 2x a year found a good guy that was also supportive in helping me get in better health witch helped with the pcos and a year after we got together i was surprised when i got my bfp! The weight loss and vitex worked better for me and now for the last 2 1/2 years since having my daughter my cycles have been 28-31 days every month.good luck ttc #2 you did it once you can do it again and try to also keep an eye on weight and watch carberhighdrats its makes pcos worse. sorry this is so long* bby dust *

11 years ago

Thank you so much aebece!!!

11 years ago • Post starter

Its fine, very helpful and its great to know how this effects other women because we are all different you know? I really appreciate it. Right now i am 18 dpo and I am 2 days late for AF.. had a neg test yesterday though so idk what to think... I am on metformin so I should be fine... my last period was great, not heavy, not light.. perfect. No cramps or anything. Give me baby dust!!! I will update once I find out. Thank you so much!

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo