Community post

Success story

PCOS and stress...

My husband and I have been together for years, and he has raised my son since the day he was born. He is not his biological son.. so in the back of our heads we always wanted to have our OWN child...(biologically). We tried and tried, and I had terrible pains to the point even intercourse was painful. I thought I had endometriosis from the c-section I had with my son Zachary, so I finally saw a physician.. well I found out terrible news that I had PCOS. Poly-cystic Ovarian Syndrome. When I heard this news I had a bad feeling that things were going to be bumpy down the road. We tried for months and I joined this website. I would log on and live on the symptoms page, the charting page... there was not a day I was using an ovulation test or thermometer. We tried and tried to the point I really gave up and told myself it will be impossible. I said "either my PCOS, or something with my husband..." I just gave up and accepted the fact it wouldn't happen. I tried my best to talk myself into thinking it will be good to wait. I was going CRAZY, and there were nights I would cry because I wanted so desperately a second child. I was on metformin for about 4 months and I felt the difference in the effects. I stopped taking them and no later than a week or two I must have gotten pregnant. (I was even taking vitamins.) It would get so stressful I felt so useless... I would feel like a worthless wife, a worthless woman. My cysts were so bad at a time too, I went in January 2013 to the emergency room in agony. They performed an ultrasound (internal), blood work and many other tests. I was told I had a cyst rupturing and they gave my hydrocodones then sent me home. Luckily I did not take the hydrocodones, i am not the type who likes to use pills or medicine. Those made me feel weird anyways... anywho in March I STILL missed my period thinking it was my cysts doing the work. On the day of moving on March 6th I decided to take a test. I had NO symptoms other then weird weird dreams.... so I took one the morning of packing and BOOM Positive. I thought NO way this cant be right.. maybe its my hormones acting up or a false positive. Later that night (very late) My husband and I ran to Walmart to get things for our new home, well I made him run up to the front and grab another test purchase it at self checkout, then bring it back to me in the back. I immediately ran to the bathroom and got a 2nd positive!!! I was so ecstatic, I went to the health department to make sure AGAIN.. (yes this is how much denial I had) It was positive as well... obviously I was pregnant right? Well to this day I am not sure what had happened. I got off my metformin in December of 2012, and apparently got pregnant around the beginning of January, but my husband was also taking antibiotics for an infection he had and I was told that could have helped too! But I was like if I got pregnant then why did they not see it at my ER visit in January? I was told it was just TOO early... so don't ever give up hope. Keep up the healthy lifestyle and remember that mother nature works miracles. We tried for over a year and with my first son it took a little accident. It was INSTANT with him, but all people are different and our bodies change a lot. So many things have happened but I am so grateful to have my jelly bean. I found out at 11 weeks and 2 days. I am currently 14 weeks along. Just remind yourself when you sit there and think those horrible thoughts that it really does happen, it can happen and it WILL happen. As long as you have determination and passion then things will definitely come true. I went through so many tears, so many websites, researching and heart ache.... just please don't stress yourself because in the end it wont help you any. I give you all baby dust from the bottom of my heart!!!

Stefanie

0 Comments • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo