Community post

Question

9DPO, many symptoms, BFN 2day - 5 days until AF, can I be preggers?

I'm new to all of this. This is our first time TTC and this is our first month TTC. So I give all you of you women and men so much respect for doing this for months and months and months.

My DH has been out of town for two night so I've just started researching and learning how all of this works... I've learned a lot so far. But... I need some long-timers advice or words....

AF is expected to arrive on the 15th (5 days tomorrow), I am 9DPO, took a HPT because I could not wait being I had it there staring at me and it was a BFN.

Is there still a chance to hope? Can the egg still be traveling or finding its way to the uterus? However it works.

My main question, can a BFN HPT turn into a BFP from now until the 15th... AF arrives or was this month a practice month?

Symptoms: nauseous throughout the day mainly at night. I'm tired, very tired. Sense of smell is crazy strong.

TTC, jld

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I found my first month TTC I had all of the symptoms too. I didn't get a positive for two weeks after that, meaning the symptoms I felt were actually my ovulation symptoms and I was just wanting to be pregnant so bad I was sure I was. Be careful about wishing too hard for it and imagining the symptoms like I did.

You are pretty early for a positive pregnancy test though if you are in fact pregnant this cycle. I conceived around the 13th and had a negative test on Feb 28 but a positive on March 1.

Unfortunately, mine was a chemical.

Good luck in your journey!

11 years ago

Sorry, tired. I mean I didn't get my positive until almost 4 weeks after that.

I was feeling pregnant from the 10-14 when in reality, I was ovulating because that's when the conception would have actually happened.

11 years ago

It could still be too early for testing. Best wishes!

11 years ago

It is a little bit early to get a positive test. Wait a couple of days and test again. I got a very very faint positive 11dpo and a much darker positive 13dpo.

Are you charting your temps to see when you ovulate/timing of sex? That might give you a better idea of how likely it is for you to be pregnant.

The egg takes a while to travel and implants into the uterus around 6-12 days. After implantation your body starts producing the pregnancy hormone/chemical (HCG) that the test recognizes (usually around 3 days after implantation).
It is possible that your egg hasn't implanted yet, or that your body hasn't produced enough of the hormone for the test to detect. The HCG doubles every day though, so if you get a negative one day it might turn positive just two or three days later.

You are still in the range of the egg traveling/implanting time so just try to be patient :)

good luck!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo