Community post

Question

I just had a period that ended 12 days ago and have started bleeding, what is going on?

My last period ended 12 days ago. Yesterday, I started some very light spotting. It continued today, but then turned into a light flow of bright red blood with some clumps. I also had some cramping. I was hoping it could be pregnancy, but I have read that bright red blood is never a good sign.

User Image

4 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Hmm...bright red blood is probably not implantation bleeding or related to ovulation. It's possible you just had a very short annovulatory cycle. I recommend charting your BBT so you can have a better idea of what is going on.

User Image

12 years ago

Thank you! It is embarrasing to admit, but I have not started charting my BBT yet, what is the best way to start? Thanks!!!! :)

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

The best way to start is get the book Taking Charge of your Fertility. You can get it for like $12 on amazon.com. And lots of other places too. It's SUPER helpful. It explains how to chart and WHY it's good to chart. Then you buy a BBT thermometer. Walmart has a pink and white one for $8. And the book explains but basically every morning, first thing before you get out of bed or anything, you take your temp orally. Then you record it on this website or fertilityfriend.com or tcoyf.com or another site. And it will help you understand your cycles.

User Image

12 years ago

Thank you very much for the info! I will do just that!

:)

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo