Community post

Discussion

Chronic BV...does it affect getting pregnant?

Hey everyone!

I have never posted about this before, but according to my gyno everytime I am examined, she claims I have BV. I just went for a visit here in France (I am living abroad) and she did not say anything about me having BV, but I always have the same BV symptoms, so I assume its still there. If anyone out there has ever had BV, or has chronic BV, I would love to hear from you as none of my friends have this problem. I used to take Metradizanole for my problem, but then I became allergic to the drug bc I was taking it every single month (great for your body, right?). So, as a last resort, my gyno recommended a homeopathic option of perscription acidophilious. I have been using this regularly, and it seems to work. I never had this problem before my dh and I started , but now it is quite frequent that I get the problem. I have a few questions, and if anyone can share their experience it would really help!
1. Does BV affect getting pregnant, if so how?
2. Is there anyone else out there with Chronic bv TTC?
3. Has anyone out there with chronic BV had a successful preg?
4. Any tips/suggestions/etc?
5. Can BV lead to any other problems?

Thanks in advance and to everyone! :)

User Image

2 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi Sunny:

I feel like ever since I had a D&C in April 2011 I have had this. Can you tell me what your symptoms were?

The reason why I say I feel like I had this is because my CM would smell - not fishy but like strong mucus/sweet bleach and was ALWAYS cloudy. It seemed to get worse as the months went on. Then I was given a prescription for an antibiotic for something else and now all of a sudden the smell went away and my CM has a much different consistency.

From what I have heard BV can indirectly cause infertility as it messes up healthy CM and the PH levels in your uterus making it difficult for sperm to survive.

Thanks,
Faith

Daisypath Anniversary tickersNotes:

12 years ago

Hi Faith,

Glad to hear yours cleared up! The symptoms I have always had with it is really either no symptom at all, or extra discharge (gross, kind of yellowish) and the fishy smell after bd. I have been checked for everything, and this is what they told me I had. They told me some women have chronic bv and I am one of the lucky few. With bv, it is better to not bd all the time, but that is hard to do when you are ttc! So, yea, it is just a big problem! lol

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo