Community post

Discussion

Please share your clomid experience

Hi Everyone!

I have been TTC for 2 yrs and 3 months, although we did not "really" start trying, just stopped "trying to prevent." So really, it has been prolly a little over a year. I have tons of friends with PCOS that never had to get an HSG to get the perscription for Clomid. I have symptoms of PCOS, but my periods are pretty regular, just super painful. Every time I go to the dr, they want me to get the HSG, but my friends with PCOS never had to take that, they just did a simple blood test/ultra sound and voila! I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this issue for me? Thanks a bunch and best of luck!

User Image

2 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I tried clomid for three months before having my HSG test done. Did clomid in June, July and August of last year and just had the HSG this past February. It wasn't fun but I'm glad I did it. Ironically that's when I was finally told I actually had PCOS. The dr did an internal u/s after the dye test showed nothing wrong with my tubes and right off the bat told me I had poly cystic ovaries.

As for taking the clomid, The first time around I had some wicked heartburn but I just took it again for my IUI cycle and have been feeling pretty good with it. Oh I did have some hot flashes this cycle too but nothing too horrible!

Good luck with everything! If you suspect you have PCOS, I recommend having your doctor run the tests to confirm it! After 2 years of trying, it's best to continue with all the information you can gather!

Me: Alicia (29) ~ DH: Patrick (29) TTC #1 Since August 2009 with PCOS 1st & 2nd (March & May 2012) IUI Cycles w/ Clomid = BFN's 6/24/12 - 3rd IUI cycle w/ Gonal-F and Lupron. IUI on 7/9. TWINS! Born 2/11/13 Back on the NTNP train as of September 2013 hoping for a boy someday!

12 years ago

My DH and I have been TTC for 2 years this month. We tried for a year on our own. The HSG, SA and ultrasound were our first steps. I don't believe that the HSG will help diagnose PCOS. The HSG isn't fun but will rule out blocked tubes and other possible issues.

After that all came back normal I started clomid. Well 1 m/c, 1 ectopic, and 1 year later I finally got a referal to an RE and they informed me that I have poly cystic ovaries and think I may have PCOS. Made me really mad that my past ultrasound results were "apparently" normal. Really made me wonder about my past doctor. They are not 100% sure I have PCOS as you can have polycystic ovaries without having PCOS. I also have regular periods but they are very painful.

I have tried both 50mg clomid and 100mg. When I first started taking clomid I had some mild hot flashes, headaches, and ovulation became more noticiable. This being my 5th round of clomid the hot flashes have progressivly gotten worse and the ovulation pain is very noticable.

Good luck to you and keep us posted.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo