Replies by fauxcaloid

Replies 1 - 10

Getting divorced. No longer ttc.... still haven't had a cycle since this thread was created. Thanks for all the support and feedback.

8 years ago
Reply to "TWW" Limbo - CD36

Public

I tested again this morning with FMU, used the same brand test (Dollar Tree)

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anything there. :(

Thank you for your support guys! Ready for AF to just show up already, CD34....

9 years ago
Reply to BFN or Squinter!?

Public

Advertisement

Thank you very much to everyone for your honest replies!!

I have asked a lot of TTCers from multiple forums and have gotten mixed results. I still have my FX, and will test in the AM and let everyone know what it was!

9 years ago
Reply to BFN or Squinter!?

Public

First of all, congratulations on deciding to TTC! It can be a very exciting and stressful time, a roller coaster of emotions if you will, depending on your body, cycles, and fertility. Just keep in mind that for some it takes years, and some it could be the first cycle. Don't get too discouraged if AF comes knocking at your door. There will always be next month. :)

Now, as for the age thing- I don't think it matters at all. My husband and I were together off-and-on through high school (due to him moving and losing contact. When he came back we got right back together and have been together since). The first time I mentioned wanting a baby was, believe it or not, waaay back when we were 18. I don't know if I wanted to get pregnant for popularity or what, but I really wanted to. Luckily my now-husband had enough sense and we did not conceive back then. Fast foward a couple of years, we are now 21. We decided to start actively trying (by then we had been together 5 years, it was clear we were going to be married some day, but we were still "engaged" at the time). I use OPK's, home fertility tests, charting, ect... nothing seems to work, so we switched to NTNP. Fast forward another year, we have talked about it off an on, commenting how odd it is that it's been this many years and I've never gotten pregnant despite our lack of contraception in any way shape or form. Keep NTNP for the time being. We are 22 at this time. At 23, my best friend calls to tell me she's pregnant with #2.

That's when my biological alarm starts going off like crazy. I finally break down and tell her how badly we have been wanting to get pregnant, she accepts it and says she's so happy for us and wants us to feel the same joy she feels with having kids. Her positive response is wonderful. Then I decide to tell my parents, whom make it clear that they are ready and willing to go along with whatever plan we have, but really think we should get married first. I tell my grandparents that we are "officially" TTC as well, and they agree. We really should be married first.

So two months later we are married! Our 1 year anniversary is coming up in October, we are 24 now. Since we got married my family has been more supportive, as well as friends. Our TTC road has been a bumpy one, but honestly I don't think you guys are at the wrong age at all.

You TTC when you feel it's right. Don't think about how much money you have or financially stable you are, ect. If you are definitely with the person you love and plan to be with forever, then by all means, make that baby!

9 years ago
Reply to Am I too young to be "Actively Trying"?

Public

My "DH" and I aren't technically married (we've been together for 8 years, though) and we don't honestly care about getting a slip of paper to prove we love each other forever (Not that I'm saying people who do get married are bad!). We don't want a ceremony or anything, but our extended family and my side of the family especially would be greatly displeased if we were pregnant and unwed... sooo we decided that the day we get a BFP we will run to the courthouse and get married in the court room, that way our anniversary will not only be for our wedding but also for the day we found out we were pregnant.

With that being said, I plan to present a marriage application to DH. I'm sure he'll get the picture pretty quickly. I can just imagine him now. "I thought we were going to wai--.... are you?" hah. I was also thinking of preluding it with one of those "Dear Husband, I love you," cards with a signature that says "Thanks for puttin' a baby in my belly," which has been his way of bribing me lately. "Can we get extra chicken for beer battered chicken??" "No, that's too much work!" "Aww.. c'mon... I'll put a baby in your belly!"

Lol.

10 years ago
Reply to Tell Hubby we're pregnant in a special way

Public

We've been trying since December of 2O11 (not actively through all of it though). When we first started I got a little obsessed with TTC and was on forums all day every day, taking tons of OTC tests and tried charting and all that but it was so stressful and when we kept getting BFN I was more disappointed because I felt like I had failed/wasn't trying hard enough, so we pulled back and relaxed up until the end of July, I started taking OPKs again and I'm charting BBT now, and I have an appointment scheduled to see what we can do about my irregular cycles. I don't know if it counts as trying for over a year or not but that's my story anyways.

Good luck with you all and prayers for BFP!!!

10 years ago
Reply to Anyone here been TTC for MORE than one year?!

Public

I asked a question similar to this on another forum (my CM was watery every day without positive OPK test). They pretty much unanimously said that CM varies; some women will have watery all the time, some will hardly have watery when they O.

Baby dust either way!

10 years ago
Reply to 13 dpo Watery CM

Public

No more pages