Community post

Discussion

Surge detected, excited! But when is ovulation?

So, I have been using the Answer dipstick OPK and it is my first cycle using an OPK. My lh slowly increased and today I am surging. I am not sure though how I know when I ovulate. Should I count today as O? Or a different day? I check my cervix daily and right now it is high, soft and open with FM. Also have been tracking my cycles since December. I am CD 14 but I usually have irregular AF. So, I am not sure how I pinpoint my exact ovulation. DH and I BD this morning and the day before yesterday so I am hoping! If any of you have suggestions about how to tell ovulation has occured w/o temping I would greatly appreciate it!

User Image

6 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Hi,

Im CD 14 today too and pretty sure Im ovulating but my cycles have been REALLY off lately so I'm surprised if I really am and have been desperate to figure out a way to know 100% when ovulation is. I haven't used OPKs yet, or check my cervix, but I thought I'd join you here in case you want to be cycle buddies :) or just to see what answers you get!! Let's hope we've both hit the target..we've been BDing almost every day since I ended AF so I really hope we did it right this time!

I have read that you can tell from mucus, and if you have any ovulation pains like sharp twinges or cramping (I've had both starting from CD 11 if that makes any sense!!)

Good luck and let me know how things go for you!

User Image

12 years ago

I would love a cycle buddy!And I have had pains for a few days now too.

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

How've you been doing in your TWW? ANy symptoms or feelings yet? Im not even sure that I've ovulated yet.. I have longer cycles and my bbt temp hasn't risen yet so just trying to keep up the BDing til we know we've passed it!

Just checking in on you to see how things are! Good luck!

User Image

12 years ago

The TWW is killing me! And of course I can't help but to POAS every couple days even though it is too soon. But I have been having a lot of symptoms! Very tired, sore and swollen bbs with increased vein visibility, soft high cp, hungry all the time, everything smells awful, and anything sweet that I normally like and am actuallt craving tastes like I am eating saccharin lol. Also I have been having cramping the last few days that are off and on. They come on with more activity in the late afternoon mostly. I have approximated that I am 5 dpo so hopefully I am pregnant! My DH thinks I am and so I am really hoping! How about you? Anything?

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Wow Sounds like things could be looking really good for you, how exciting!! You have to keep me updated! THose symptoms you're feeling all add up and its like HOW could we make things up so well in our heads?? It has to mean SOMEthing right!?

Well I think you're ahead of me cuz I'm still getting the CM, and I've had cramping and tension pretty much this whole cycle so far which has been kinda weird for me. My temps have still been low til today it went up a tiny bit but I've also started a cold yesterday with sore throat, headache and stuffy nose, so that may be why. I'm trying not to totally focus on symptoms or I just get crazy haha. SO basically I'm still waiting to confirm ovulation and get started on my TWW...unless I've calculated totally off since I swore I felt OV pains on CD 11. Who knows!!

But good luck and keep up the POAS haha... dying to hear how it turns out!!!!!!!! :) ANd happy Easter!

User Image

12 years ago

I am feeling the exact things ...I hate the waiting game too . Just wanna see that positive confirmation already. Hopefully bfp soon lucky baby dust for us all :-)

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo