Community post

Discussion

Benedryl (Diphenhydramine) and fertility

So, I found out something very interesting lately. I have really bad insomnia due to anxiety and I switched to benedryl as a sleep aid because it is safe and my other medicine was not. Well, since benedryl dries up mucous membranes, this also includes your cervix and cervical mucous. I was not getting the EWCM very much. So this cycle I stopped the benedryl during my entire fertile period and wow what a difference. In fact, I almost thought I was going to have another period mid cycle, but I was glad I didn't. This is just something to think about whiile we are TTC. We need the CM to be fertile during ovulation because without it we have a very decreased chance of concieving. I suggest you all make sure you aren't taking any other allergy medicines either if you are having difficulty because it has the same effects as well.

User Image

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Thank you so much for this post, I couldn't figure out why I was dry cause normaly I have alot cm. But when I got a sore throat followed by a running & stuffy nose, and it went on for about a week & half, just yesterday I took benedryl and even tho I am cleared from the stuffy & running nose I have become very dry. So I'm glad you posted this cause I did not know about that detail while ttc.

11 years ago

Glad I could help!

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo