Community post

Discussion

Devastated

So, I had planned to post a success story but unfortunately, even with a slight bfp the other day I am unable to do that because I am bleeding. I am so sad. My DH is convinced I am still pregnant, but I am certain I am not. He went and told everone that I was pregnant even though we do not get the official blood results tomorrow. All because my doctor was ecstatic and convinced I was pregnant. I feel like we jinxed it. I had every "classic" symptom as well as many others that were not quite as common. I am just so incredibly hurt and sad.

I am not going to give up. We haven't been trying that long now so we will see how it goes. I am just wondering why this had to happen :/

User Image

4 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Oh hun :( I found out I was pregnant on April 1st and have had brown discharge since 7th April and some light bleeding once (no clots). Was diagnosed with a urine infection and had treatment. I now have to wait til this Friday for an early pregnancy scan to check everything is ok.
I wanted to say to you that I have read lots of stuff online and it does say that bleeding does NOT necessarily mean a miscarriage. Some women who's stories I have read about have said they had bad bleeding but went on to have healthy babies. It isn't uncommon to bleed when your period would have been due. also, it can be caused by irritation to the cervix from the pregnancy.
All you can do, and it is what I have done, is go to your GP and tell them everything. I had a urine sample, vaginal swab taken and was booked in for an early scan to see what is going on.
I am SO hoping my baby is ok. And i SO hope your baby is too hun. It is the most HORRIFYING thing to get that BFP only to then see blood in your knickers.
Please let us know how you get on with your blood results. It might be that you had a chemical pregnancy. But I really hope that's not the case.
Sending you much love, hugs and baby dust. Now and in the future. You WILL get your baby and I hope it's REALLY soon. xx

12 years ago

My sister bled for months with her second pregnancy, and she had a healthy baby boy, he is 2 now. As hard as it is not to be upset, try not to stress yourself out until you know for sure. Please update us and let us know how you are doing

User Image

12 years ago

Thank you so much for your support. I spoke with the doctors office and apparently I am just having some bizarre symptoms. I think my hormones went wacky because my doctor was so certain I was pregnant but the results did not show anything on the blood test. So, I just need to keep trying. I will continue to track my symptoms so that way I can fiure out what they mean for me.

I hope we all get our bfp's soon and that all of those who have already concieved have a hnh 9 months!

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Every month I have pg symptoms. I think it is smart to chart them because at first, I kept thinking I was pregnant because of all my symptoms, heartburn, backache, gas, all of it. Last month I had leg cramps so I thought for sure it was my month but nothing Now I know that those are normal for me before my period, I just never knew it until I started charting them. to you, I am trying the Instead softcups this month. Hope you get your soon

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo