Community post

Discussion

How to get over fear of not being able to keep a pregnancy?

This is my first month of actual TTC, I had miscarriage a few months back, so my body must be able to fall pregnant, right? That's what my family keeps trying to tell me... and the doctor said I can fall pregnant again, she said my reproductive tract is fine... but I have many fears since this is my first actual month of TTC.
I am so excited to fall pregnant but my biggest fear is that I am going to TTC and never be able to get pregnant or that once I am pregnant I wont be able to keep the pregnancy. This entire month I have been SO scared and anxious, I have the biggest fear- it interferes with everything I do): It is all I can think about. I am only 4-5dpo and every twinge or cramp I feel makes me want to break down and cry and just give up already. It is only my first month and I can't see myself being able to TTC for more than a couple because I am so afraid it is almost like a phobia now and it is affecting me in so many ways. Does anybody have any advice on what I can do? Does anybody else have this horrible, painful fear as strong as I do?

User Image

3 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi lovely lady.
I feel your pain and I'm sorry about your miscarriage. So very sorry. TTC is so hard, especially when you just want it to happen and for it to stick.

We didn't think we could have babies (low sperm count) but got pregnant in Sept last year only for it to end in miscarriage, like yours. So ever since we've been going at it like rabbits every month to try and make it happen again. It's been 5 months and nothing. It breaks my heart each and every time AF arrives and I wish I could tell you that the waiting gets easier but it doesn't. I guess you just have to find a way to just let it happen.

Everyone keeps telling me it will happen 'when it's meant to' but for some reason I find that really hard to comprehend. We spend all our teenage years getting it drummed into us that we can't have babies so young and use a condom blah blah, but when it comes time to actually try for a baby, it's damn-near impossible!

I don't really know what to tell you apart from just keep going with it day by day until you get there. Positive thinking is nothing to be scoffed at, so try a bit of that and relax a little (I will try and heed my own advice too!).

You are only on month #1. I've been trying for just over 2 years. There is no reason for you not to have a successful pregnancy and SOON! My fingers, toes and everything in between is crossed for you beautiful.

I'll add you as a friend and keep checking on your progress. If you ever want to talk to a person in the same boat, please message me, I'm always happy to talk :-) xoxox

User Image

12 years ago

That really means so much to me, this brought tears to my eyes... I am so comforted to know that people really do care... apart from this site, I sometimes feel so secluded in my fear and like I am the only one who feels it at times.

Whenever somebody I know falls pregnant by accident, I get so worried and can't stop thinking about it. Despite that it is my first month TTC, I am still so afraid and I can't explain why I am afraid to my family because they don't see why I have a reason to worry. It is just impossible to explain unless somebody else feels it, too.

I am so, so sorry about your loss, I know it is so life changing- when I lost mine it felt like the end of the world. ):
You are such a lovely person and I promise I will send so much baby dust and wishes your way, if you got pregnant once you can do it again and once it comes it's going to feel like the best moment of your life, that's what I cane wait to (hopefully) experience. I added you as well and I would love so much if you kept me updated as much as you can

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

I know exactly how you feel. I have been TTC for seven years, have had three IUI's and suffered five miscarriages. I always ask my doctor "WHY" and he can never give me a straight answer, probably because there IS no answer. It's all a statistics game, as far as I'm concerned. If I weren't trying so hard and paying attention to my body and symptoms and testing before my period is due, I would never have known about four of the miscarriages. I think that happens to so many women and they never even know it, because they're not focusing on it and it's not an issue - out of sight, out of mind. It's easier said than done, but you've got to quit stressing so much or you will get burned out so fast and the worrying will take it's toll emotinally and physically. Try to stay as busy as you can, try to laugh as much as you can and try to envision what you want and not do the "what if" game.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo