Community post

Discussion

Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)

View Full Post

Looking to see if there are any ladies out there trying to conceive in the "older" (I can't believe I said that) years.... :) Any luck? Any challenges? Baby dust to all of you!!!

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 327 Replies | Last Page

Yay Destiny!!

Stick baby stick!!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

12 years ago

Thanks ladies! I am very excited about this pregnancy. Keeping my fingers crossed that he is being a good little baby and is buried in nice and deep and STAYS that way!!!

@ttc@41 -- sounds like you've got some WORK to do!! LOL

@hopefulat40 here is what I did this cycle:

Every day I took:
-Bayer Chewable Baby Aspirin
-Prenatal
-Omega 3/Fish Oil w/DHA
-Vitamin C
-Vitamin B 100 Complex (I started breaking them in 1/2 because I thought I might've been getting too much B12)

Then:
-Preseed when BD
-Hips elevated for approx 20 minutes post-BD
-Ate pineapple core on CD15-18 (I forgot the 5th day)

Regarding the pineapple core... you are supposed to eat it 1dpo - 5dpo. But I'm not exactly sure when I ovulated, as I wasn't tracking, so I started eating it according to my the calendar's calculation for ovulation. I'm thinking I may have ate the first piece on the day I ovulated, in retrospect. I also DID NOT take the baby aspirin on the days I ate the pineapple core, because I read somewhere that it also acted as a blood thinner. I picked up baby aspirin back up after I was done w/the pineapple core.

Now that I've got the BFP, I'm still taking all of the vitamins above, the baby aspirin, and 400mg progesterone at bedtime, vaginally.

Hope that helps!!

User Image

12 years ago

Good Morning 70s ladies!! :)

I'm having my coffee and just thought I'd shout out and say "I wanna see your BFPs"!!!

All is well here, wondering how lisserb and destiny are doing in their new found role.. MM travel safely...TTC@41 how's the line progression?...And Maece-It's almost time.. :)

This is my week to ovulate so I'm gearing up and fingers crossed! I have a big weekend planned ;). I bought some pre-seed, at the advice of a friend!

Remember this - challenges bring out our best! May we all find pink lines this month!:)

T

12 years ago • Post starter

Hey ladies!!!

Just checking in!

@hopefulat40 -- niceeeeee!!!! Sounds like you've got a full and fun week ahead of you!!

AFM... everything is good! The fatigue is starting to kick in, and of course the frequent trips to the bathroom, but other than that no other symptoms yet.

User Image

12 years ago

I heard my name, lol!

I am 5 weeks 6 days by my calculations. I'll find out for sure on Friday, which is when my first ultrasound is. I'm waiting patiently (haha!).

I had my first go round with morning sickness this morning. I'm taking that as a good sign. It's a little bit earlier than I had it with my DD, but only by a few days I think.

Hopefulat40, have fun this weekend! :)

to all!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

12 years ago

Hey ladies! I must have heard my name, too!

I am 4 hours from home!!! I will POAS tomorrow morning andlet you ladies know. It will be 12 dpo for me at that point. KMFX!

I am so excited for our BFPs. I met one of 'us' working at the airport today. Her youngest is 10 years younger than his elder siblings. She sent me lots of which I'm now sharing with all of you!

Hang in there, everyone and to our expectant 70s mamas!

MM

MountainMama -- 47 year old mom of 3 (20yo DD, 17yo DD, 4.5yo DS) TTC #4

12 years ago

hey everyone,

Glad to hear we are all well.

MM, i will be checking to see how many lines there are, so I hope you dont leave us in suspense.

Liserb, same to you, will be checking in for an update about your appointment on friday. pregnancy sickness the love hate symptom, horrible but reassuring.

Destiny what are your plans? Seeing the docs soon?

Hopeful have fun this weekend!

AFM: Well it was definately a surge as the line faded the next day and I also had ovulation symptoms. I did a pregnancy test yesterday to make sure it was negative, with no lingering lines, was definately negative but had a big ole evap half an hour later. So I am testing in 12 days...ha as if that is my reality. I am thinking of testing everyday from 10 dpo, but will probably try sooner "sigh"

Have a great day everyone

Justine (thought my first name is ok now)

User Image

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

I'll be 39 in May - yikes! I'm so happy to have found this forum. My DH and I are TTC #2. I have a 29 month old at home. I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks in late November of last year. My heart/gut is telling me that I had one last month at 4 weeks but I received a BFN from 3 tests. I'm having a similar experience physically at 6 DPO as I was last month. I feel like a bomb is about to explode inside of me. I am so bloated, and gassy. I haven't experienced constipation but I wake up super stuffy (just like last month and it had stopped once my AF arrived). Last month however, it turned into something like a sinus infection.

I hope to have some positive news to share on this board in the near future.

Thanks for the baby dust and right back at each of you!

User Image Me: 39 DH: 40 DS: 2.5 (3 in October) conceived at 35, born at 36 11/11 mc 8 weeks 2/12 mc 4 weeks 5/12 mc 5 weeks

12 years ago

Het Mama welcome to the thread, things look encouraging for you and a BFP

Justine

User Image

12 years ago

Hi,ladies!
Unfortunately I am back to ttc...
I ov'ed on Christmas day, got bfp January 5th, looked like everything was good with pregnancy. My hcg was 69,000 around 7th week. Yesterday I had my first (so anticipated) u/s at 11 weeks ...just to discover that there is no heartbeat and baby stopped developing few weeks ago. I never had any spotting/cramping or any other sign that it would happen. I am so shocked,and in a pain (not physical) and
so I am having what they call missed miscarriage, probably will end up going through d/c because there is no sign that it will take care on its own..
and then I am in this battlefield of love again....
I am 38, soon 39, three beautiful healthy, smart kids (19, 15, 13), I work a lot and love my job, and trying our first one together with dh (it will be his first)

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo