Community post

Discussion

Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)

View Full Post

Looking to see if there are any ladies out there trying to conceive in the "older" (I can't believe I said that) years.... :) Any luck? Any challenges? Baby dust to all of you!!!

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

191 - 200 of 327 Replies | Last Page

Sammi! Welcome lady and what a positive post! We love that.... Fingers crossed for you! :D Thank you for sharing and for the inspiration!

Speaking of inspiration - Destinystar - how are you??

T

12 years ago • Post starter

Good morning beautiful ladies,

Today is Friday , I'm spending the day with my little man and the sun is peeking through. I am excited for the day ahead.

MM: I'm such a JA for not saying how sorry I am to hear about your mom. I'm thinking of you and your family. Concentrate on her, time with loved ones is all too precious. My mother passed away 26 years ago, and family has always come first for me.

Hopeful: welcome back to the tww? Fun stuff, huh? I don't know about you but I find it more disappointing to poas and see a than to find out has arrived. April 6th she is expected to come knockin'.

Esperanza: glad you are back to your normal cycle. I never thought about it but after my d & c, my cycle started 35 days later. I normally have a 28 day cycle. I didn't opt for the d & c immediately though.

dmcj: have fun celebrating today with your granddaughter.

Sorry I can't reply to all of you vintage ladies, my 2 year old is waiting to celebrate the day with me. to each of you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

User Image Me: 39 DH: 40 DS: 2.5 (3 in October) conceived at 35, born at 36 11/11 mc 8 weeks 2/12 mc 4 weeks 5/12 mc 5 weeks

12 years ago

Oops, my original intention for posting was to thank Sammismum for such a positive post, great to read something like that first thing in the morning. You are our inspiration and I know many inspirational ladies just like you, it's just a matter of time for us vintage ladies. Hang in there everyone.

User Image Me: 39 DH: 40 DS: 2.5 (3 in October) conceived at 35, born at 36 11/11 mc 8 weeks 2/12 mc 4 weeks 5/12 mc 5 weeks

12 years ago

Well ladies..........................looks like there life in this old lady yet!!!!! and now there's 2!! I've gotten 4 faint BFPs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 yesterday & 1 this morning, the 1st one yesterday was so faint I could barely see it and I through it away but the day nagged at me so I took another 1. This time it was an answer brand & not a $ store cheapie. Faint, but there! Took another at 11pm and it was definitely there and yet another brand just to make sure it wasn't an evap earlier because my DD distracted me & I wasn't sure of the time (about 15min so not terrible) That brings me to this morning and the "answer" was a bit darker yet!!!

I had a chemical pg in Feb so I want to wait & test again one more time tomorrow to tell the hubby, hopefully it will be darker yet...plan to call the doctor Monday!!!!!!!

For those of you who are the praying type, we could sure use it. I've had 1 term birth (at 39) but a mc & a chem pg in just the past year. We seem to get pregnant pretty easy but holding on to them is evidently getting to be a problem.

I pray pray pray this one sticks!! This coming Friday would have been our due date for the 1st mc, I turn 42 in 6 weeks and our plan had been to stop trying at 42. I'm hoping God has this one in his plans.......

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand exhale

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

Airiesing!!!!!! OMGosh!! Congratulations! This is sooo exciting lady!! Prayers for you and all the sticky wonderful thoughts to you!

T

12 years ago • Post starter

Airiesing!! Yippeee!! I know cautious optimism all too well. I'll pray for you and the little bean!!

12 years ago

I'm HERE!!!!!

@hopefulat40 :: I've been lurking forever, making minor comments here and there and praying that no one was bothered by me still checking in from time to time. I love your positivity, lady!! Keeping my fingers crossed that all of your 'loving madly' pays off!!

@MM :: You and your family are in my prayers -- hope that Mom is in comfort while surrounded w/her loved ones, and feels better soon

@sammismum :: great points!!

@mama_belle :: sounds like you've got a full day ahead of you!! Have fun!

@esperanza :: I remember that feeling of finally feeling back on track -- glad to see it happened relatively soon for you. Good luck this cycle!!

@airiesing :: !!!! Praying, praying, PRAYING for you and your baby!!! I have had the exact same issue -- one term birth in 2010, then a MMC and 2 chems in 2011. Is your doctor willing to put you on progesterone? You are still pretty early w/testing -- there is still time for those lines to get nice and dark! No worries! to you!!

AFM... things are going well ... nothing really to report. Symptoms relatively minor, though fatigue is starting to get the best of me now. I go back for my next appt and scan on April 12 at 11 weeks.

Until later, my sisters..... remember to keep the positive vibes flowing and the bedroom chemistry blazing!!!! Those babies ARE coming!

User Image

12 years ago

Airiesing... Wow! What wonderful news!! It shows that there is hope for all of us :)

Sticky vibes!!

Fx

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

Airising,
for your

it's a great inspiration

12 years ago

I am 38 and we have been TTC again for the last 13 months with no luck yet. We have a wonderful little girl that is almost 7 years old. We lost twins at 11 weeks a year after she was born. I have recently started using the Clearblue Easy Fertility monitor and finally got a peak at CD 25.

This was the first in several months that my husband was actually around to DTD at the right time of the month. He has been working out of state for the last 4 1/2 months and I think that since my cycles appear to be more irregular at this point in my life, our timing could have been off for several months prior to that, as well.

I did try to use the ovulation test strips but they just did not seem to work for me. The CBE monitor is so much easier to interpret. It was quite a bit more expensive and I am hoping that it will be worth the investment. I am hoping that ovulating so late in my cycle does not mean that I am having more significant fertility problems.

When we TTC #1 I got pregnant the first month we tried and the same with TTC #2 that ended in a miscarriage. Now that I am 38 it seems a lot more difficult to conceive than the first two times.

I am really hoping that I have a chance this month but I am so afraid to jinx myself. Baby dust to everyone TTC again! Sorry for the long post.

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo