Community post

Discussion

January/February IVF Buddies

View Full Post

I'm having a tough time finding a board for just women going through their IVF cycle, so I figured I would start one!

I'm 27, DH is 29. Due to some of DH's new health problems, we started banking sperm after 3 years ttc (1 year actively trying everything naturally possible) and I had a scope test done and found out my tubes are completely blocked which is our main issue. We're now on the track for IVF as that is the only way we'll be able to get pregnant.

I start Lupron shots January 6th and stim meds will start around the 19th or so. Hoping to do a retrieval end of January and a 5 day transfer the first week of Feb which will give us an October 2017 due date.

Here's hoping it works! This is my first cycle doing IVF so the nerves of giving myself all the shots is starting to get to me! If there are any other women out there within this same calendar time frame, feel free to join me in freaking out :)

56 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

51 - 56 of 56 Replies

Babybump-- I'm so sorry to hear about the delay. Any chance you could find a donor in a neighboring city? We're in NYC and our center is absolute chaos, so maybe a bigger city isn't all it's cracked up to be. Bummer if it ends up taking months, but hopefully you'll get the perfect match in the end.

I'm on day 9... still just taking estrace. My next appointment is Saturday, and if my lining looks good we'll schedule my transfer for next week, probably Friday. I'm totally more subdued this time around and my husband and I have pretty much agreed we won't get excited until 8 weeks or so. I've got tons on my plate at work that is stressing me out, so my mind isn't completely occupied by ivf this time around.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

TTC baby #1 via IVF! We're blogging our experience at http://www.OurIVFstories.com/

7 years ago

babybump89 - I am sorry, If you want you might check out overseas clinics eg on eggdonationfriends I have come across many posts of ladies who can't afford de or there has been long waiting time, and they decided to undergo ivf with de at overseas clinics in Spain, Cyprus, Czech or Poland. Prices are more affordable, and success rates are really high. Good luck x

7 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion xenianew. Unfortunately I think even if they're cheap, that doesn't take airfare and accommodations into account. Plus we are already getting a credit back from our clinic here that wouldn't be usable anywhere else, so as much as we'd like to look into other options - we're not looking to switch away from where we are. Which leaves me here to complain about the process :)

7 years ago • Post starter

Well, small update... my ultrasound went well yesterday. My lining is "beautiful" and I started progesterone again last night. Four days of medrol and doxy starting Monday for a Thursday FET. Hubs and I aren't even really excited... more wary after last month. I think when we do get another positive we're going to be much more reserved until things look like a definite go. I had terrible migraines this week and was afraid it might be the estrace. Hopefully not, since I'll be on it for the weeks to come.

TTC baby #1 via IVF! We're blogging our experience at http://www.OurIVFstories.com/

7 years ago

Taurio, that's great news - and I totally know what you mean about not wanting to get your hopes up. However, I've heard from a lot of my friends who went through this, that frozen transfers have been more successful for them than fresh...

7 years ago

I'll take that little nugget of hope! They never called me about today's blood test, so hopefully we're still on for Thursday.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo