Community post

Discussion

Shitty Things People Say When You're TTC

View Full Post

Let's compile a list of the shittiest (albeit usually well-meaning) things people say to us as we're TTC!

I'll start-

"We just found out we're expecting baby #2! Now, if you would hurry up and just get pregnant..."

"You have to stop wanting it and thinking about it so much. When you do that, you'll get pregnant."

"Oh, well you have to track your temperature and have sex in crazy positions. You must not be doing it right."

(BIG EYE ROLL!)

I love my family and friends and know they mean well but what they say can be so hurtful when you've been trying for months and no baby yet. I know it will happen when it's supposed to but telling me that doesn't make me feel any better!

Your turn- what are some of the crazy things people have said to you while TTC?

26 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 26 of 26 Replies

I was so sad/mad/flabbergasted/disappointed last night over a social media post!! Can't vent to most friends about this stuff so I knew I could come here and share with YOU friends!

My sister-in-law, who is pregnant with #3 (all unplanned. more power to her. she doesnt even know what ovulation is!). My other sister in law (my 2 brothers' wives) recently suffered a heartbreaking miscarriage. I try not to bring a lot of attention to it but we're a pretty open family and they all know that my husband and I have been trying for a while to no avail.

So last night, my pregnant sister-in-law, at 20 weeks, decides it would be a great idea to post on social media this:

"Is it just me, or is EVERYONE pregnant right now??!!" and tags like 10 people she knows.

I was hurt for myself but more for my other SIL who is still recovering from her miscarriage! I mean, come on! Common sense and decency...where have they gone!?

7 years ago • Post starter

Pupmomfornow.... Oye yes especially with someone so close to her recently suffering a miscarriage it is very insensitive.

In my 7ish years of TTC I have heard them all.... The worst is those who ask you over and over again. Since we are pretty private we tend to probably get asked by the same person more frequently cause our answers aren't concrete enough.

Recently a friend from high school asked me every time she saw me about when I was going to have another child. We saw each other multiple times over a few months attending wedding activities for a mutually known couple. I was avoiding her by the end of the wedding activities. Not cool people!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image

7 years ago

(backstory: my husband had a vasectomy reversal in June 2016, we've been TTC since July)

My mom: "It's not going to work (the VR), you should just get a donor."

MIL: "I don't understand why it's taking you so long!" (this was about 6 months in)

Totally rude!

Schroedinger's pregnancy test is both positive and negative, you won't know until you pee on it.

7 years ago

My mom has cancer, when she found out it was terminal, well you guys better get to baby making..... We got pregnant this month and she was hoping foe a Dec. baby, meant to be? lol

You want another? I thought you already had a hard time at bed time with the other 2?

You just lost all that weight, do you really want to lose your hot bod for another kid?

You want another baby? I thought you guys would be done by now and getting kind of old.....

Thanks guys I know, 2 kids is a lot lol

7 years ago

I want to thank prophet jeremiah omoto for helping my wife get pregnant, when we get married, my wife could not give birth and my family people were all saying it has been 11years now we are married no child, that i should get another wife for myself. i was tried and frustrated till i came across jeremiah omoto , who i contacted and behold my wife became pregnant. again all my thanks to prophet jeremiah omoto, the great man of God from Africa. If you out there need help to get pregnant, or for your wife to get pregnant, should contact the great man i contacted also his email prophetmercyland@gmail.com or watch him television marcylandtv com or +2347055176615 .

6 years ago

Just came across this and thought I'd share what happened to me (no I am not advertising or getting anyone to call my doctor ). Was with my ex-husband from 2003-2016 and he couldn't have kids as he was type 1 diabetic. We divorced and I found my new husband and within 7 months I got pregnant. I told my family that I was pregnant and the first thing my mom said was, "Are you going to keep it?" I was a bit upset with her as I have always wanted a baby. She has since gotten passed me being pregnant and my daughter will be 18 months in a couple weeks. My husband and I are trying for baby #2 and I am scared on what my family will say as they all want me to wait. Now our friends are peer pressuring us saying, "Come on have another one, it will be good so they would have someone to play with, and so on and so on.

I am now 9-10dpo and been cramping off and on since Ovulation and boobs are still tender. Expected AF is on the 19th. That's my story.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo