Community post

Discussion

2 short afs?????? Thoughts?

Hi, so my cycles are pretty regular, 27-28 days. Af always come about when due, but my previous flow and this one were really short. My cycle started on the 16thjob and was kinda heavyish, then went to super watery and pink the next day, and then the following day very minimal thick and broswn. Today it feels like someone poked my breast really hard with one finger and bruised it in that spot.... and slight tenderness on the side of the other breast. Hubby and I being since flow went brown. Any ideas on what is going on? Oh and further info, I would have sworn I was pg last cycle. I had every symptom known to man! Lol.

5 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

did you take a test, what was the results? :)

12 years ago

I had the same thing happen to me my last 2 cycles. my last cycle i was 5 days late and then only had a real flow for less than a day! i had brownish pink spotting along with it. i wish i knew what was going on too. i had so many symptoms and then was late i was positive i was pg. im still confused....

12 years ago

I haven't tested recently, my af actually came a day earlier than expected last month. The one I took the day before it started was bfn :(

12 years ago • Post starter

I'm so sorry that AF is being so confusing for you guys the last couple months..

Having an AF that is only a day or so and without an actual flow is a sign of some other issues.. The brown and dark blood is usually an indicator of old blood.. And the fact that a full flow hasn't occurred usually means that you aren't building up enough lining.. Meaning that there isn't an adequate amount of cushion for the fertilized egg to implant..

All and all it is usually a blood flow issue, or I should say a lack there of blood flood making its way to the uterus.. This is a common and simply fixed.. If you take baby aspirin starting from the day after menses until you get your BFP.. Then discuss with your Dr that there was a lack of blood flow to your uterus previously, as they may want to do a lining check and have you continue with the baby aspirin until a later date..

There are also natural herbs and holistic things that can be done which help with blood flow which in turn help thicken the lining.. I take Red Rasberry leaf tea, and also have acupuncture done once a week..

I am currently under the care of an RE as we have to do ICI's, and this month had my RE tell me that my lining looked "outstanding".. Which of course was awesome to hear.. I do want to add that I have also experienced a CP and I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the very thin lining I'd experienced last cycle and the scant AF this month, but it could be..

Good luck ladies.. Hope this helps..

12 years ago

Thanks quita that was very helpful. I was worried it might be a sign of infertility. I'll have. To try taking the baby aspirin

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo