Community post

Discussion

Trying for April 2017 Babies

View Full Post

AF showed her ugly head today right on time, so now I'm waiting for ovulation. Looking for cycle buddies for this month. I had a ton of symptoms and now feel crazy for thinking I could get a BFP on my first month trying. But hopeful for next month, and better timing. We only BD once and I think it may have been after O so I think we will try harder and time better this month. So here's to April Babies!

User Image

218 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

161 - 170 of 218 Replies | Last Page

Sarah, I'm a teacher too! We were hoping for an April baby so I could enjoy an extra long summer break/maternity leave! Hopefully you get your April baby...looks like I'm out!

AF still hasn't arrived...I'm 18 days late and have no sign of it. I had a blood test done last week and it was negative. The weird thing is I have this odd feeling in my lower abdomen that I can't even begin to describe, but I remember feeling it when I was pregnant with my daughter. So, of course I Google my situation and there are people who actually get a BFP after having a negative blood test...I'm sure that's not my case, but I can't stand sitting around and waiting for AF to arrive!!

Anybody else ever been late with BFN's...what did you do?! I don't know how to keep trying if I'm not getting a period...and I am so super frustrated that I have to just sit and wait! We wanted an April (maybe May) baby and I feel like there's no way that will happen now =[

Sorry for the sob story...good luck to the rest of you!

7 years ago

We went all touristy and even brought back the box salmon we bought we one of the shops haha We did the Carnival Alaskan cruise that left from Seattle so we hit all the cruise stops - Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, and then hit Victoria Canada on Canada day which was pretty awesome. I cannot talk enough about how beautiful it was and the things we got to see. Just absolutely gorgeous! Seattle was pretty great too, our favorite "big city" we've visited, I had a friend just move there actually and we're wanting to go visit!

I tried the robitussin thing to thin mucus for 2 months, it tasted nasty and I can't tell if it worked or if we didn't conceive because of the low sperm count issue. We've been using preseed the last few months and figure we were taking vitamins anyway so adding the fertilaid wasn't really a difficult thing to do. It appears to be working for him, so we'll see if thats what it is! I just ordered our second month of it, tomorrow will be the last day from bottle 1 so this will be a true testament if it works or not

7 years ago

My computer does NOT like to let me post!! It always says there's been an error, which I assume it means it hasn't posted and then when I come back to the page, I see it posted multiple times. Sorry!!

7 years ago

Hi everyone i haven't posted lately, i'm 8 DPO and feeling really emotional( like outright sobbing) so this probably going to be a long two weeks for me lol It sounds like if we all conceived this cycle we'll all be due around the same time i got EDD of April 25 or 26 so i hope we all get BFPs!

User Image

7 years ago

Megan, 18 days late?! I hope you get your BFP soon!

Baby, I live here and I STILL do touristy things haha. Reindeer farm is right around the corner, musk ox farm is down the road.. All that fun stuff. My little sister in North Pole took her little ones to the Santa Claus house in July to feed the reindeer and sit on Santa's lap :)
I hope the fertilaid worked for you guys :D

Momma, I'm right around there with you, about the same dpo and HEDD :) I cried watching Bones tonight

7 years ago

12dpo and I caved and tested this morning....BFN with frer. Really quite sad as I thought that this was our month as had that bleeding on 9pdo but it must have been something else as a FRER would definitely have picked something up by now.
I hate getting my hopes up each month and then staring at one silly like. Never mind...what will be will be.

7 years ago

Megan, wow-I can't imagine being 18 days late!! I hope you get a BFP soon...are you going to continue testing or just wait and see if AF shows? Do you normally have pretty regular cycles?
Aww, hugs, don't despair!! I've read that plenty of women don't get a BFP with a FRER until AF is late. I think we sometimes put too much stock in those tests ;-) You aren't out until AF shows!!!

Inked, sounds so wonderful! I miss the western mentality and outdoor/adventurous lifestyle. We hiked a lot in the Flatiron Mountains in Boulder...people were always out running or cycling. People try to be active here, but there isn't as much time (rat race!!) and the trails, etc. aren't quite as abundant. I'm going to have to get really creative as my mileage increases...no clue yet where I'll run 18-20 miles (without looping 6 times haha!!) I also miss no humidity and virtually no bugs-it's so gross here right now haha

Momma, weepy is a good sign!! Fingers crossed you (and all of us) get a BFP this month!!

I'm 10 dpo and have zero real symptoms. I'm kind of writing off the few tiny things I've noticed. Making adjustments in my workout routine and diet, so I'm assuming that's what I'm feeling. I am probably out this cycle. Not just because I have no symptoms (I know a lot of women don't and get BFPs) but I think this is going to take much longer than I hoped

7 years ago

SarahS28- well i still have my fingers and toes crossed but hope has certainly faded after seeing it this morning. I will test on Saturday morning and just pray that i see something.

However i agree that i think its going to take longer than expected for me too. i hadn't looked into any pregnancy related things before trying and therefore had no clue that this wouldn't be as easy as just BDing on the right day. Making a tiny little human is a real blessing and everything has to be just right so I'm hoping that one day i can get all of the timings ect right and it will be my chance. us humans are rather complicated so no wonder it takes a while.

momma-hormonal changes is certainly a good sign...so fingers crossed.

all of my 'symptoms' have now gone from me thinking that its pregnancy related to thinking AF is coming.

Best luck to everyone x

7 years ago

Thanks, Sarah! I do have a pretty regular cycle; it's always between 30 and 32 days. I've NEVER been this late. Of course, there are circumstances which can cause a period not to show up, like stress and over exercising, etc. But I've had so many pregnancy-like symptoms that I'm having a hard time believing I'm not!

I did contact my doctor yesterday because I was reading about the feeling I have in my lower stomach and it can sometimes be indicative of a cyst (it feels very much like I'm pregnant however). So, hopefully I'll get some answers there!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo