Community post

Discussion

Promising symptoms or wishful thinking?

Alright lovely ladies newbie here lol I dunno if all of this is wish full thinking or not. Looking for some advice on if these symptoms seem right to you or not that I have a strong chance to be expecting at this point. Still early but 5dpo.

1st mild cramping. Happened around when I ovulated so I just thought it was from that. Stopped for a couple days and started up again. It's strange cause its not on one side. It starts on one and then feels like it works it's way over to the other.

2nd after that I started getting nauseous. Haven't puked but have that constant feeling in my tummy. I get sick smelling some foods any more and it comes and goes.

3rd around when I started feeling nauseous I hot mild headaches. More of an annoyance than a lit of pain.

4th I've started bloating which I normally don't do until 1-2 days before my period. It's not supposed to come until next Saturday. I've also been gassy since about the day after I ovulated.

5th finally the last 3 days I have woken up so tired. I try to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night but it's not been enough. I've also been super tired during the day.

6th past three nights I have started having very vivid dreams. This isn't very normal for me and I can remember most of them which also isn't normal for me.

7th I've started to want to eat more since last night. As well as having looser than normal number 2 lol

User Image

31 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 31 Replies | Last Page

Hiya! I don't know if this will help you because I haven't gotten a BFP or AF yet, I'm still in limbo (CD42), but if it helps you, great! I had odd symptoms start approx CD21/10dpo (I don't chart or use opks). First I had a sharp stab like pain, nothing crazy just a pinch that made me go "Oh!". Next was BLOATING! I never, ever bloat, even during AF. I've been bloated for days. Horrible feeling. Blah! I had a bout of dizziness a few days later and then the nausea started. Every now and then it'd hit and I'd have to stop what I was doing to wait it out. Tiredness ran concurrent with all of this, and still is. I've had mild cramping for about a week off and on. I typically have headaches/migraines throughout the month so I can't really use that as a symptom but I feel your pain on that. #2 is also all screwy with me as well. I've had morning vertigo twice and the dizziness comes back off and on. These last few days I've developed an aversion to some of my favorite foods: kielbasa (I'm polish...its a staple!) and eggs. My poor DH has to eat his kielbasa outside and shower after just so I don't hurl, it wreaks of garlic! Black olives have been my food of choice over the last 2 weeks. Like I said, I don't know how much it'll help, but if it does I'm glad. If the evil witch doesn't show her face soon, I'll be scheduling a blood test. Good luck and baby dust!

9 years ago

Yeah I wish it was closer to testing time but it looks like my birthday is gonna be the testing time. Good luck to you I hope that the witch doesn't show her face for you :)

User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

Thank you! I hope you get your BFP for your birthday!

9 years ago

apowl2010: You and I are about on the same DPO. I have had some of those symptoms as well. I hate to be a downer but chances are they aren't PG symptoms yet...but could still be good signs...or at least I am hoping since I am close to what you are going through. Typically the egg doesn't implant until 6-12 DPO.

Hope you get your birthday wish!!!

amdouthitt: I am actually surprised you haven't gone in for a blood test yet. What DPO are you on?

AFM: DH & I have been at this for 19 cycles now. Every month the symptoms seem to be different. Some months the symptoms are strong and some I barely feel them. I symptom spot, it's hard not to, but I wouldn't know true PG symptoms until I see that BFP...which I sadly have never seen. I thought I did see a shadow of one once and then AF showed up the next day. This is our cycle!!!

User Image Me:38 DH:40 TTC #1 since March 2013 Been seeing Fertility Doc since Nov 2013 Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey. 1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit 2 step kids... Boy: 13 Girl: 12

9 years ago

Hoping it's a good sign the symptoms are still going strong on 8 dpo now :) they slowed down for a biy and started up strong again I don't know if these are or not but I am not losing hope.

User Image

11 dpo today and not doing too bad. Had mild cramps the past two days. AF was due today but no signs yet. Mild back aches every so often but biggest things are dizziness and slight nausea randomly. As well as a mild headache off and on.

User Image

apowl2010: to you! Sadly I am not as optimistic this month. I have a feeling AF is gonna show within the next day or so. Guess we'll see!

User Image Me:38 DH:40 TTC #1 since March 2013 Been seeing Fertility Doc since Nov 2013 Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey. 1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit 2 step kids... Boy: 13 Girl: 12

9 years ago

Thank you it doesn't feel like AF is close. Just been really nauseous lately again. Started the whole thing where I start eating the food it tastes good and all of a sudden I feel like I'm about to get sick from it. It's been an interesting few days. Still getting a BFN but trying again this weekend. :3

User Image

Well, I guess for me it was all wishful thinking.

Sad to say arrived late last night. Having a really hard time of it today. But, I called the insurance company to find out what was covered for me going forward...turns out I have no max on IUI's and 4 retrievals for IVF and after a live birth 2 more. I have my ultrasound set up for Thursday. At least I have something to focus on this morning. I am at work trying to keep myself together but at least now I don't feel so worried about what is covered and what isn't. Sounds like everything is covered. I was just really hoping this was my month. My new EDD is July 14, 2015. FX'd the IUI works. Sadly I don't know one person that it worked for them the first time. Hopefully I can turn into that one person.

9 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that :(

Currently 6 days late from my normal cycle but all negative HPT

Wondering if I implanted late or ovulated late so we'll see. If I don't start within the week Im going to the doctor to test

User Image

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo