Community post

Discussion

Bfp followed by period?

Hi ladies, i am so upset and confused. Yesterday i got my first ever bfp, it wasn't even faint it was a clear strong bfp.. so excited. Anyway, about an hour later i started to bleed, no pain or cramps but other than that it seems like a regular period.. am i pregnant?? Baby dust to everyone xxxxx

6 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I'm sorry but it could be a cp, best way to know what is going on is to see your doctor. If you have lost the pregnancy the test line will also get lighter and disappear. I hope the bleeding stops and everything is ok, best of luck and sticky vibes

8 years ago

Hiya, thank you so much for your reply xx i'm going to wait and take another test in the morning.. really hoping and praying it's decidual bleeding and not a cp but if it is then it wasn't meant to be I suppose! Xx

8 years ago • Post starter

Well, i got another bfp this morning so called up the doctors who sent me to the early pregnancy unit.. the nurse did a urine test and said it was negative but asked to do a blood test anyway.. how is it possible to get a bfp at home but a bfn at the hospital?

Often the urine tests at the doctors office isn't as sensitive as the ones we can get for home use. They're usually between 25-50mIU/ml. And if the one you used at home was sensitive, such as FRER, then that'd probably be why. Was your test this morning as dark as the one yesterday?

8 years ago

Also- using first morning urine will be more concentrated than later in the day...that may be another reason why it was negative. That happened to me...luckily I took my tests with me cause I had a feeling that'd happen as I was using frer at home and I was only 11dpo.

8 years ago

Thanks for all the replies :) nurse just rang with blood results which were also negative so she thinks it was a chemical. Oh well.. i'm out. On to next month! Xxxx

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo