Community post

Discussion

Those LTTTC who have lost their mothers

I wanted to start a new support group for those trying over a year to conceive who have lost their mothers. My mom found out she had cancer in March of 2010 and passed away in June of 2010. When I found out she had cancer, stage four, I tried desperately, desipite the stress, to get pregnant, so that even if she did not live long enough to meet the grandbaby, she could have a grandbaby. Her and I used to always go to the mall and she would pass by the baby clothes and proclaim how much she looked forward to having a grandchild. Now, I know she wont be here, but she will have a grandchild, and I will make sure my children know how wonderful and amazing she was. I am still coping with the loss. Days are almost normal I would say, but there are still triggers, and I really miss her and cry many nights while trying to fall asleep. I guess it is easy to get involved in the busyness of the day, but at night, it creeps back in. I was very close to my mother and the last year before she was diagnosed there were some things I wish I could take back. Now, I still miss her, and still cant get pregnant after almost 2 years (I started unofficially in Jan (stopped trying not to get preg) but tried officially after that.) Thanks to everyone who wants to join and I think it will really be nice to have some other people to go through this with.

User Image

4 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. I lost my mother five years ago (October 25th). She died the day after her first Great-Grandchild's 1st Birthday (my niece's little girl). We had just found out the month before that I was pregnant. We lost our first baby(4 weeks pg). My mother had always known how much I wanted a baby, so she was REALLY looking forward to this grandchild! She died suddenly, even though she had a chronic illness..COPD. We had just lost HER mother almost exactly one year before (Sept. 2005), so we had also just gone through the grieving process together.

There are times when something will just "hit" me that makes me think of my mother, and it hurts again, but it DOES get easier over time.

The funny thing is, my daughter is SO MUCH like my mother! Her looks, her "mannerisms", her sense of humor.

Unfortunately, we have been trying for another baby since our daughter was a year old (she's now four), and I've had FIVE miscarriages.

Good luck in your TTC journey. Don't give up HOPE! :)

12 years ago

Hi Scarlett!

Thanks for your post! I am so sorry to hear about your mom, and your miscarriages. It is very encouraging to hear you have a daughter who reminds you of your mom, I would love that! I really hope your journey for your next child gets easier, and that you get preggers soon! I also have times when it hits me, and there are so many times I have wanted to ask her things, but I still hold on to the fact that we will have a baby some day! I just know it! Best wishes and I will pray for you!

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

I have not lost my mother but do appreciate your post. Thank you for sharing your story and helping me remember what really is important in life. The people that we love that are right here. Much love.

12 years ago

Thank you Sweet Augustine! You are so right, the people right here right now are so so important! Thanks for your post!

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo