Community post

Discussion

IUI advice and support

View Full Post

Today is 14 days past our first IUI and of course I couldn't wait any longer so I tested this morning. The nurse who did our IUI told me to wait till Nov 19 to rule out false positives. We'll today I got a BFN so I called the nurses line at my fertility clinic and told them. She very coldly told me well its a negative so your not pregnant you don't have to test anymore just wait for your period to show up. Then asked if we'd like to do another IUI. I said I guess so and she said well call when your period comes abd well set it up ok. I know to them this is a daily thing but to me it was abrupt and harsh, maybe I'm over thinking. But it took everything I had not to cry. I'm wondering if anyone got a bfp after the 14 days? Or if they had negatives then got their positive? Also ladies who have had periods after failed IUI were they any different then your normal period? Just need some support right now completely heartbroken and feeling defeated and broken.

TTC #1 5 years
4 miscarriages
3 failed clomid/natural cycles
And now 1 failed IUI

11 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 11 of 11 Replies

I have a thyroid problem too! And i used to have a prolactin problem. I had PCOS and was on contraceptives for many years. But everything seems to be fine now!

A friend on mine had the same problem see kept loosing them. See went to a special center and they said her DH DNA didn't match..something. So they had to give her a shot of something.. to keep her pregnancies. I didn't even know all these tests existed. But my RE said since i haven't had any miscarriages there is no point.

So has your period come yet? Are you going for that iui?

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo