Community post

Discussion

Iui w only 3 mil count. Lost hope and faith..need to vent.

View Full Post

Been ttc for almost 4 yrs me 28..dh is 38. Married 7 years.Today was our 2nd iui and our sperm count was the lowest it's ever been. Only 3 million :( I feel so bad for dh. Our 1st iui which was a year and half ago it was 11 million for our iui. He has been on femara for 5 months and I do not think it has helped anything. Dr said motility and morph are ok just terrible count. We did do a medicated cycle this time. I took femara and novarel trigger shot on day 12. I had two follicles on day 11 us..they were 16 and 19mm. I really had high hopes for this cycle. This February will be 4 years ttc. We have only had one chemical in that time. We cannot afford Ivf and our insurance pays for nothing fertility. I feel so hopeless. I was going to test everyday to test the trigger out of my system but I don't even want to bother. It will be even more heartbreaking to watch the bfp fade away. I was hopeing I could tell our families at Christmas that we were finally pregnant! They don't even ask us anymore if we are gonna have baby..guess they have given up on it as well. I just wish I could stop crying lol no matter what I do the tears,still fall. Is there anyone who had any success with getting a bfp from such low counts? I think the hardest part is just realizing and facing the fact that you will never carry a child..and I feel like that's where I'm at today.

55 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 55 Replies | Last Page

I will definitely look that supplement up! He has been taking maca for a few months also. But don't think it was much help. Did help with sex drive though lol I am sorry that ivf is not an option for u either. It makes me so mad that infertility is just swept under the rug and not made important to these insurance companies. It's a disease. We suffer everyday. Have u tested yet? Wasn't u at 11dpiui yesterday?

8 years ago • Post starter

I don't know maca, i have seen it sold here, but i was suggested to take the Lambert's. Profertil is very expensive but the doctor actually suggested it. My cousin was TTC for 2-3 years and it did the job! Also l-carnitine.

I'm doing my iui next wednesday probably..

Don't worry about the 3 million it just takes one little swimmer to do the job! Keep faith and try to be loving to your dh, it's the first think that matters.

Good luck keep us posted!

8 years ago

@mommadoll I have no idea what I am any more lol its been a long day. Tested this morning but negative my re told me Nov 19 so I'm hoping it's still possible but I feel doubtful at this point. And I know what you mean about the insurance it's a medical condition why shouldn't it be covered.

8 years ago

I'm hopeful for you girl! Not out till the witch shows! And sometimes even then...you can get a bfp. My mom had a period w me till she was 5 months. She didn't even know she was pregnant due to this and plus her tubes were tied so I was a big surprise at 4 months in lol. I'm always afraid that will happen to me so I test after my af too just to be sure ;) my sister also had hers for 7 months! Hope it don't run in the family lol I am only 1 dpiui gosh I hate waiting! I feel more positive today. Had alot of cramping on my right side and in my thighs not sure if it's just from the iui or what. Did u have cramping after your iui?

I did have cramping after my first iui. I was having all sorts of pain. Clomiphene, hcg shot and progesterone gave me all the pregnancy symptoms! It's the bad thing with the medicated cycles, you get symptoms from the medication. I have IBS and was having cramps from that also!

I hope yours are pregnancy cramps!

8 years ago

The cramping has mostly stopped today, but i woke up with lower back pain. its all the way across the bottom of my back, and wraps around to the sides of my belly under my rib cage. I hate this crap lol i wish there was a test that could tell you like as soon as you bd if it was a go or a no go for the month...gosh wouldnt that be awesome!!! tested this morning to see if trigger was any lighter, and it was just barely lighter than it was 3 days ago! when will it fade away into a bfn? anyone?

My trigger took close to maybe 9 days post to be gone. I got my true positive 7dp3dt. Id say it will be beneficial to find something to help pass the time, a new book, holiday planning etc. Lol. At best, your embryo wont be a blastocyst until next Sunday. Then it could take several days from then before you get any preg symptoms from hcg presence. The progesterone drove me nuts with the cramps. You'll survive, trust me! Baby dust!

8 years ago

i agree...i am planning on baking a new recipe almost every night. i love to bake sweets especially around the holidays. it calms my nerves :) I am not on progest supp but was kind of hoping my re would of let me try them this cycle, especially since i have had 2 chemicals in the last 3 years.

Well if your progesterone levels were fine when they checked them, then that may be why. Since mine was IVF, I had the whole gamete, estrogen patches, prog supps and oral pills, steroids, and all. That's a good thing that your ovaries are producing enough on their own though!

I love sweets! I do like baking certain things, but baking is much more time consuming for me. I'm more of a cook, chop, and dump. ..voila! Look forward to spending time with family and friends this holiday!! Save me some cake!

8 years ago

i am all about the easy and quick recipes lol i am better at baking instead of cooking so i guess thats y enjoy it so much lol i will definitly save you a piece ..or several pieces lol ;) i really hope your ivf works for you! gosh...i wish i could do ivf. increasees your chances alot better than iui. but then again i believe when its your time to have a little one you will no matter what the circumstance

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo