Community post

Discussion

Iui w only 3 mil count. Lost hope and faith..need to vent.

View Full Post

Been ttc for almost 4 yrs me 28..dh is 38. Married 7 years.Today was our 2nd iui and our sperm count was the lowest it's ever been. Only 3 million :( I feel so bad for dh. Our 1st iui which was a year and half ago it was 11 million for our iui. He has been on femara for 5 months and I do not think it has helped anything. Dr said motility and morph are ok just terrible count. We did do a medicated cycle this time. I took femara and novarel trigger shot on day 12. I had two follicles on day 11 us..they were 16 and 19mm. I really had high hopes for this cycle. This February will be 4 years ttc. We have only had one chemical in that time. We cannot afford Ivf and our insurance pays for nothing fertility. I feel so hopeless. I was going to test everyday to test the trigger out of my system but I don't even want to bother. It will be even more heartbreaking to watch the bfp fade away. I was hopeing I could tell our families at Christmas that we were finally pregnant! They don't even ask us anymore if we are gonna have baby..guess they have given up on it as well. I just wish I could stop crying lol no matter what I do the tears,still fall. Is there anyone who had any success with getting a bfp from such low counts? I think the hardest part is just realizing and facing the fact that you will never carry a child..and I feel like that's where I'm at today.

55 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 55 Replies | Last Page

Can't believe I'm writing this especially after reading my 1st post lol..but I'm pregnant!! There's really no reason it should of worked...but it did. Taken 6 test last 3 days and 2 digital and they all are + and getting darker and darker. Wanted to give an update. Iui w a low count can still work! Lots of prayer and many Dr apts and 45 cycles...I am still in disbelief.

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies,

I would like to join this forum. After reading your stories it truly felt like I am not in my struggle in getting pregnant. I have been married for almost 3 years and not much luck. My mom stopped asking me altogether. My younger sibling just got married and had a baby just 9 months after.

We finally got started with a recommended RE. I had my first IUI this month and I am 4 dpiui today. I am trying to stay positive and hopeful. I have been totally bloated, gassy with strange pulses in my lower tummy along with painful legs.

This TWW is brutal. Hoping we finally get lucky and get our soon!

User Image[/url][/url]

8 years ago

Congrats mommadoll!!

Welcome dsinha.

Im still sulking after discovering the chemo has caused my ovaries further damage...we're starting our first IUI this month. We'll still be trying to find a way to do more IVF if these dont work out.

Best wishes looking onward ladies.

8 years ago

thank u so much! i am still in disbelief lol. first beta at 11dpiui was 34. i had my second beta drawn today and will know those results tomorrow. Hang in there girls if it can happen for me it can happen for you. in may we had a 5% chance given to us and here we are few months later prego! I can tell you that days after my iui i had lots of cramping and i had a terrible lower back ache for at least 5 days after the iui. if i can help at all plz msg me anytime. still early days for me just thankful to be here. one day at a time...

How are you coming along mommadoll? Have you got your 2nd beta results yet?

8 years ago

i am doing well so far :) i did have 2nd beta yesterday which was exactly 2 weeks after my iui, and that count was 138. my count on friday which was 11dpiui was at 35, so dr says it is doubling nicely. I dont know much about beta levels, but i am hopeing these are normal numbers. what do you think? i go back next monday for last beta and then first u/s at the end of next week.

Mommadoll!

karamell24l7: for your IUI this month! When are you going in for the insemination?

AFM: I am constipated and super hungry all the time. I have gained couple pounds. My legs pains have subsided some. I have started getting headaches today. I am 9 dpo (counting ovidrel trigger date as O date) while 8 dpiui. I want to test but don't want to chance false positives or bfn.
I had a 33 day cycle last month. So, wondering which would be the right day to poas. Any suggestions or recommendation?

User Image[/url][/url]

8 years ago

I tested my trigger out...my test were + up until 10 days after taking the trigger shot then negative a day then turned back positive again. I would suggest start testing 10 days after the iui.

Thanks you so much. We're not overly hopeful about the IUI, but still not hopeless, if that makes sense? Lol

I hope you're upcoming to a bfp soon too! I believe I tested out my trigger about 9 days after...I got my + 7dp3dt. So 10 dpo. That's about avg to me to at least, and with my unmedicated cycles I usually am convinced ive not conceived if still bfn by 10dpo.

Mommadoll thats great! I look forward to your first u/s! As far as betas go, the general concensus is that as long as they're doubling every 2 days, you should be fine. The RE's I've spoken with always like the first one to be >50 or even >100. Thats at the time of missed period I believe. My first beta was in the 130's, about 13dpo. Then at about 6wks it was in the 3,000's. There are a lot of women who dont always start out that high depending on implantation, etc. So there's nothing to worry about until there's something to worry about, right?! Xoxo

8 years ago

I forgot to mention, tomorrow is my HSG, I'm a nervous wreck. It'll be cd 10, so i hope i have some decent follicle growth from the Femara! I received my trigger shot the other day in the mail. This time im using Ovidrel instead of Novarel. It was much more expensive too!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo