Community post

Discussion

pregnant after a miscarriage

View Full Post

Hi guys I just got a digital positive pregnancy test and I'm excited but so nervous! My husband and I found out that we lost our last little 1 at around 8 weeks when we went for our 12 week scan back in February. It was our 1st pregnancy. I had 2 end up having 2 procedures 2 remove it over the course of 2 months n i had my 1st period at the start of this month. So I must of caught 6 weeks after the 2nd op. Please can anyone give me success stories of a healthy pregnancy after miscarriage as I'm petrified. Also will they scan me early to help my anxiety? Thanks guys x

30 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

21 - 30 of 30 Replies

Got a scan on Friday not quite what I hoped for at 6 weeks as I lost it at 8 weeks but it was this or nothing. Also managed to get a blood test booked in for my hcg levels. Thinking about a private scan at 9 weeks what do people think? Thanks

9 years ago • Post starter

When is your blood test? 9 week scan sounds good to me especially if blood comes back with good numbers.

9 years ago

Blood test is on Friday along with a 6 weeks ultrasound scan I've started getting some sharp cramping pains on and off which settle when I sit or lie down. Had the same last time but lost at 8 weeks do you think it's a bad sign?

I'm not sure its a bad sign but try to stay positive!

9 years ago

katie, what your doctor says?
Every scan I had was planned from my doc. I think my first scan was at 8 or 9 weeks.
About the cramping, I guess they are normal BUT ask your doctor. He/she knows if it is normal.

Stay positive dear, I wish you the best for this pregnancy! I am waiting for your news!

9 years ago

6 week scan went well baby measuring 4mm with a strong heartbeat. Was only 1.8mm at this stage last pregnancy. The early pregnancy unit booked me in for another scan in 3 weeks without me asking! So pleased looking good so far.

That's great news!

9 years ago

How are things with you jfarmerp?

My morning sickness is kicking in. I feel like I eat sleep and feel sick all day. When I feel a few minutes of normal I try to get something done. Then I'm tired again.

9 years ago

That's rubbish atleast you know everything is ok if you're having symptoms. I'm annoyed cus the scan on Fri good new and a lecture on the importance of avoiding certain foods and the risks involved in stomach bugs. Then Friday night I developed diarrhoea and its continued through to today so far. Really worried cus the lady said food poisoning or a bug will almost certainly cause you to misscarry what does everyone think? Can't go through another 1 x

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo